Home

Madden NFL 10 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #129
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
EA has turned Madden from zero to hero in a single season. Good job guys and thank you.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 11
Well said. Madden has finally reached a point to where it should have been AT LEAST 3 years ago. That's one thing that makes me shake my head at reviews of recent iterations of Madden. The games have solely been rated based on the amount of improvements that they've made over previous versions, rather than being based on where it should be from a quality standpoint at present.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #131
Banned

OVR: 3
Wee bit too generous, but still a solid review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #132
Rookie

BrownsFan72's Arena

OVR: 18
I am finally very happy with this game. I would give it a 8.8. Great review.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 7
I totally agree that Madden should have been at this point 3 years ago. For all things Madden has done, I applaud their effort, but NFL 2K5 already does those things for me. The Extra Point needs work and commentary kills this game. Franchise Mode still needs a shot in the arm. All the Dev team needs to do is look at NFL 2K5 and Madden 05 on how Franchise mode should work.

However, I MUST say that Madden is finally a step in the right direction for the first time in 5 years. If they build on this game, Madden 11 will be my first Madden game in 5 years.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #134
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 10 Review

I have been playing ESPN NFL 2k5 and APF 2k8 faithfully because Madden hasn't been fun for me on the next gen systems (PS3). After I did a lot of reading, watching a lot of videos and reading a lot of reviews, I went and purchased the game last night at midnight at my local gaming store. Well.....I like it a lot. I would have to say that, IMO, this is so good, I don't think I will be playing 2k5 and 2k8 for a long time. I tried out some different slider sets and tweaked them to my playing style and I have to say, bravo. I am not going to compare it to the older games because they are apples and oranges. Sometimes we can be over critical as 2k5 fans. I went into this thinking, how does this game play, look, and feel. I am surprised that I like it as much as I do. All I have to do is get used to playing defense again and all should be good to go. I would give it almost a 9. One thing I would change is Tom Hammond. YUCK! But not a deal breaker. The only other thing I would like to see is more of a TV broadcast appearance. I can't trash the game for those 2 things. Finally, a game I can play and enjoy without forcing myself to. Maddens 06-09 weren't all that good but Madden NFL 10, I am pleasantly surprised and excited to play a great game that has eye candy ta boot. My 2 cents.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
Bundesliga - FC Bayern Munich
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Old 08-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 2

Loving this game.
I am playing my first game.
The lowly Buc's franchise.
Preseason against the Titans.

Titans go up 14-0 as I am learning the controls, etc.
Using everything at default, accel clock, 20 seconds, 12 minute qtrs.

For the first time in a long time, I am having fun playing defense.
The new R stick control, I actually feel like I am making a difference at the line.
Winslow at TE is a beast and almost unstoppable.
Yet to see if that is a problem with every TE, since my backups did well also.
I expected Antonio Bryant to be more of a threat but I am guessing the producers didn't watch a Buc's game last year.
Vince Young is God Awful, throwing 3 picks against my backup defense, 1 for a pick 6.

Punt returns are much more realistic to me also.
The graphics are a big step up, I can see every name clearly.
The uniform picker is sweet but it still seems a little limited.
For instance, the Bucs used to wear white jersey's and orange pants, I can't find out how to get that combo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #136
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
EA has turned Madden from zero to hero in a single season. Good job guys and thank you.
this
WIZ

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »