Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: Dribble Moves

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: Dribble Moves within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: Mike Wangs Blog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
It's flawed in its basic design... in no way does sizing up longer give you a better chance to get to the basket in real life.
do you know how to size up in real life or have you watched and1 ballers at work?

The more moves you start harassing the defense with the more they get jumpy and greater the chance of faking them out.

Your point is mute.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim
NBA 2k has the same thing.. It worked just fine for me...
2K's is definitely NOT the same
Old 08-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #43
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
Not really what I was expecting from the gameplay blog. We pretty much knew everything that was said in the blog. And I think where the guy is mentioning the "player forcefields" was when Tyrus caught the alley, Ray Ray bounced off of him when he attempted a block. The animations overall do look much improved though.
One more thing, when Rose made that jumpshot, the net barely moved, while when Tyrus tossed the ball in on the alley the net swished like a jumper would. Just seemed wierd.
did you notice the ball hitting the rim then going into the net? Probably the reason for not having a "swish"

As for Ray vs. Thomas -- If you call that a "forcefield," sure -- we do have plenty of contact at the basket animations though.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #44
Rookie

thesniper321's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
It's flawed in its basic design... in no way does sizing up longer give you a better chance to get to the basket in real life.
TOTALLY false IRL good ballhandler always perform some moves to see how the defenders react before attacking him maybe not 8-10 but people like Drose wade and co perform 3 or 4 moves before attacking the hole becuz you won't know or see a opening if you don't analyze the defender's ability to follow you or not that's why 1 or 2 moves are not enough UNLESS of course you play against that guy everyday. Correct me if I'm wrong but nobody spend his time playing against the same guy in the nba
+ performing more moves add to the stress of the defender, to create doubt in his mind, you need to show him your handle you need to create fake ways in his mind, you need him to think "is he going to the left? to the right? pull up? without 3 or 4 maybe more move you WON'T scare any good defender (I'm not talking about Triple threat but when you're dribbling of course) I'm really dissapoint rayap19
Old 08-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #45
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
It also gives the defender a better chance to steal the ball. This was again a video showing the dribble moves... if it wasn't a demonstration video on low difficulty, the defender would've reacted in some way, probably poking at the ball... if Rose sat there playing with him, he'd probably get ripped like Rondo did in the other video.

I get what you're saying about "sizing up longer doesn't make it easier to get to the basket", but I think it's being misconstrued based on what I know about the system. Sizing up just lulls your defender (especially a human) and then you can explode out of the moves using the combination of LS and RS moves... I think that's what they mean by "makes it easier to get to the basket", not like it's actually "charging up" and magically making the following moves more effective.

Last edited by Stumbleweed; 08-14-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
You're one of those guys that tries REALLY hard to not like the game...for any reason you can find. It's like you don't want to like it.

Sheesh.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #47
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21

Yeah, I'll have to admit the force field issue with Ray and Tyrus in that video is annoying. Should've been a collision or something.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:01 PM   #48
GOAT

Melman's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim
NBA 2k has the same thing.. It worked just fine for me...
Yeah 2k9 has this.....the thing with 2ks's size up moves is it makes your defender move in an uncompromising way and gives the offensive player space just about everytime, I kill with Brandon Roy because of their animations. As long as in Live 10 I have control over my defender and he doesnt get sucked into a canned animation because someone is doing a size-up move then I'm cool. I should be able to have complete control of my defender.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »