Home

NBA Live 10 Dribble Moves Video

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Dribble Moves Video within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #337
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA Live 10 Dribble Moves Video

I keep hearing you guys say that about Kobe (he should've had contact)..

He avoids contact by doing a hop, then a little teardrop. I can't go into too much detail b/c Mike will soon, but that decision was made (user controlled) b/c had Kobe kept pressing to the hoop, he would've drawn a collision.

As for the LeBron dunk, totally agree. Was debating putting that one in there. Don't worry at all about LeBron just doing that with no context, it was a user error (me unfortunately - ) I beat Pierce, then was trying to go for his signature tomahawk dunk, and chose to finish in that direction to recreate that classic moment over KG, but he didn't do that dunk..lol.

I still think it's a sweet dunk. I wish we could've kept the audio in b/c when LeBron dunked it, you heard a loud "OHHHHHHHHH" coming from him.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #338
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yea that's 1 problem I've always had with Live's atmosphere. There aren't enough characters on the baselines or the benches. Everything else looks great though.
True, but I'm worried that adding more flash (cameramen, bench players, coaches, cheerleaders etc) on the slidelines might affect the framerates.

I'm not a programmer though...if anything, it's still a big improvement. Maybe next year it will get even better. You can only do so much per dev cycle. I wouldn't complain about that...I think it's a good ste up from last year.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #339
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc

He avoids contact by doing a hop, then a little teardrop. I can't go into too much detail b/c Mike will soon, but that decision was made (user controlled) b/c had Kobe kept pressing to the hoop, he would've drawn a collision.

As for the LeBron dunk, totally agree. Was debating putting that one in there. Don't worry at all about LeBron just doing that with no context, it was a user error (me unfortunately - ) I beat Pierce, then was trying to go for his signature tomahawk dunk, and chose to finish in that direction to recreate that classic moment over KG, but he didn't do that dunk..lol.

I still think it's a sweet dunk. I wish we could've kept the audio in b/c when LeBron dunked it, you heard a loud "OHHHHHHHHH" coming from him.
omg this game is going to be 2 sik so u tellin me he has sound emotion 2.....nd i cant even tlk i might buy 2 copies hell lol
Old 08-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #340
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
True, but I'm worried that adding more flash (cameramen, bench players, coaches, cheerleaders etc) on the slidelines might affect the framerates.

I'm not a programmer though...if anything, it's still a big improvement. Maybe next year it will get even better. You can only do so much per dev cycle. I wouldn't complain about that...I think it's a good ste up from last year.
This is a very good thought. Nice one sir.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #341
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

Did you get rid of the marion lay up from the first mike vid lo l.

- Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #342
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21

I actually don't see anything wrong with the Kobe or Lebron moves. If anything, wish the rim/backboard would've moved a bit more.

Marcus, are all the videos still using the old rim/net sounds? I remember awhile back someone stated there are new sounds.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #343
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

The net and rim sounds were both tweaked and are new.

I may be crazy, but I actually like our net sounds....
Old 08-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #344
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

Werd

And for the guy complaining it should have been blocked (by Thompson no less) probably hasn't watched enough of Kobe in real life. Along with guys like Lebron and Wade, Kobe is among the best of them at finishing in traffic. There's probably guys in real life who thought (man, I played him perfectly and should have stopped that shot) yet Kobe put it in. Ask Battier, when he had his hand right in Kobe's face covering his eyes, yet Kobe still drained shots. I watch every Lakers game (and as many Cavs/Heat games as I can) and can honestly not remember them getting blocked many times, even in traffic with 3 defenders on them. That's what makes them the best. Last year in the playoffs Hedo blocked Kobe from behind and I can honestly pick that play as one of the only times I remember Kobe getting owned like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »