Home

NBA Live 10 Dribble Moves Video

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Dribble Moves Video within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-14-2009, 05:12 AM   #321
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NBA Live 10 Dribble Moves Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
put your finger on it Sage. Don't cop out... hit me!

Kobe didn't lay the ball up, he stopped and then floated it up.
Didn't want to go into this before the final build, but Lebron has some of the old physics(not game physics, but Newtonian physics) problems in his take off, and Kobe's hop step didn't have enough ball protection or contraction/extension dynamics in the animation, which made the floater look noncommittal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 07:25 AM   #322
Pro

OVR: 3

Well, I really loved the video, and I can wait to play this game. But for the first time, I saw something I didn't like. Am I the only one who see something strange in the LeBron dunk? I don't know what it is, but it feels strange.

Maybe it's because KG is the left side of the paint, and LeBron should attack the basket from the other side, or it's the animation, or maybe it's just because it's LeBron lol. I don't know. Am I the only one?
Old 08-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #323
MVP

OVR: 25

^ I think the transition from dribble to take off looked weird
Old 08-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #324
Banned

OVR: 12

Its a dribble moves video fellas...Learn to appreciate exactly what the EA team is trying to display...Too much whining and nitpicking...Save your whining and nitpicking for the areas of the game that will truly need it. Many of you OVERANALYZE (emphasis on ANAL) the game..In due time that will be fine...But for now the game looks incredible...Player models look much better...the fluidity of the dribble moves and transition out of them look flawless...people crying about defenders, criticizing dunks etc...You guys are a trip...Cool out and enjoy the "DRIBBLE MOVES"...Trust that everything else will be fine and to be honest until we actually play the game we won't know whats right or wrong with it...WE need a bit more constructive information and questions as opposed to unnecessary nitpicking.

Live is definitely back..It made baby steps last year and now its ready to compete for the title. Great Job Steph and keep the information coming

Last edited by dat swag; 08-14-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:27 AM   #325
MVP

OVR: 15

I really like the dribble moves seen in these vids. They are MUCH closer to size up moves that you see IRL.

I couldn't stand how in both games for the past few years, they had them stupid exaggerated shamgod crossovers and hesitation dribble moves, that you almost never see in real NBA games.

I like how subtle and realsitic looking the size up moves are in Live10.

Those shamgod crosses that were in both Live and 2K last year, can be left for allstar games only. They have no place being in regular games though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 09:30 AM   #326
Rookie

OVR: 1
Love the dribble moves. Going one-on-one is allways my favorite part of any basketball video game.

Kind of unrelated, but still; Is there a reason why there aren't enough photographers on the sidelines. The sidelines have allways felt very empty in Live. See reference image: http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1396/livevsreality.jpg
Old 08-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #327
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ©roke
Well, I really loved the video, and I can wait to play this game. But for the first time, I saw something I didn't like. Am I the only one who see something strange in the LeBron dunk? I don't know what it is, but it feels strange.

Maybe it's because KG is the left side of the paint, and LeBron should attack the basket from the other side, or it's the animation, or maybe it's just because it's LeBron lol. I don't know. Am I the only one?
No you're not because I commented on it as well. It's the take off. Lebron goes straight up then forward instead of his momentum taking him forward and up. Same thing with the Kobe floater. The other two layups looked good though.

I still have some concerns about Live's lay-up and dunk animations not looking "athletic" or "natural" enough, but we'll see. It's crazy because the size up moves they captured look damn near perfect. Kobe's cross I would've look to see him lean a little lower, but for the most part I loved all the dribbling, and that's what they video was about. I'm very pleased with Live so far this year. I'll say it again I really liked 09, but 10 makes it look just horrible.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 08-14-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #328
Rookie

OVR: 1
Love this years live videos ,only thing is that strange speedup during some dunks ,and unnatural ball falling when the basket is made(feels like baloon) ,cant wait to see some gameplay videos reffered to change directions ,passing ,defense I was dissapointed with 2k9 "no fundamentals" skating game.This looks promissing ,speed of the game looks very nice Court space and that broadcast camera looks perfect i hope there is lot of controlled momentum during run dribble (every dribble matters and can be controlled?)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »