Home

Madden NFL 10 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #121
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 10 Review

Now I'm really excited since OS gave it a good review! First Madden game since 2005 that I've bought on release day. I'll be playing all day and night this weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 01:12 AM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
LOL, you'd be in here screaming bloody murder if he rated it a 6.
the game is bad...its lucky it got a 7.5 by Gamestop....It is a 4 in my book..The game is ****ty
Old 08-14-2009, 01:21 AM   #123
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarshalljr04
the game is bad...its lucky it got a 7.5 by Gamestop....It is a 4 in my book..The game is ****ty
Wow. Great contribution. We're all much smarter after reading that well thought out opinion. Outstanding job.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:54 AM   #124
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14
Not bad on the review but I disagree with the score. I understand they've taken leaps and bounds to change the game with a few features but that doesn't mean they've fixed important stuff like broken animations and blocking.

You might want to edit out the "king of football" bit. It's the ONLY football game on the market. How can it be the king?

Old 08-14-2009, 06:15 AM   #125
MVP

OVR: 12

9 seems too high. It may be the best football game there has been ever, but lets face it, football gaming is still miles behind the leaders in other sports. The 9 puts it in the same range as other top sports games which seems a real stretch. I feel the series is going in a positive direction and they made a lot of upgrades, but the franchise was in really bad shape last year.

I guess I don't see it in the same league as games like The Show and the NHL series. Both games were vastly superior sports gaming experiences yet rated right around the same. I don't even know if it hits the level FIFA is at which received an 8 last year. FIFA has better gameplay for its sport and right around the same issues with it's franchise/manager mode. I thought FIFA was underated though and deserved an 8.5. That would probably put Madden around the 7.5 or 8 category which compared to the 6.5 I give last years is a great improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 06:21 AM   #126
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
The amount of people disagreeing with the review scores in both this thread and the the other review threads (all of which have been overwhelmingly positive) and then typing in the same post that they don't yet have the game is astounding. If you don't have the game you have no business calling out anybody for their review scores.
You tell us buddy.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #127
Banned

OVR: 49

Madden 2010 was a improvement. But there is no way its a 9 score, that was just a gift. At very best, Id give this game a 8. There are to many broken gameplay issues, unfinished and unrelated presentation issues, and glitches.

"Now, if some of you want to crown there A**, then go ahead! But they(EA) were, who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook!"

Cardinals Coach,
-Dennis Green

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-14-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:30 AM   #128
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I understand what you are saying, but I just don't fell a reviewer goes into a review of a game and tries to compare it to a game that came out 5 yrs ago or a few years ago.
And I'd agree. But the fact that older and/or more disadvantaged games compare favorably to Madden at this point makes it a factor. It's kind of stretching it to be understanding in year one or two. It's pretty much unforgiveable in year five. Imo that should factor into how Madden is being judged and weigh negatively against it [appropriately]. Not giving a rating that infers that Madden has somehow become as good as the best sports games in other genres, when it's not being held to the same standard those other games are.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »