Home

Madden NFL 10 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 15
@ ABoogie 5 whats making you like the game less now please fill me in cause I dont want to dislike it that fast lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #106
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 10 Review

Anybody see Gamespot gave it a 7.5?

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Could just be me, but I think some people are WAY too hung up on the score, and didn't read the review.

READ first, then look at the score.

Typical Operation Sports.

Just like the review for NCAA football.

The OS way:
Let's give a good honest review of the game, and then give it a higher score then expected after reading the review. That way, the people that come to this site get a good review, but we also please the dev's with a high score that doesn't mesh with the actual review.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 5
Of course, as soon as I complain that the IGN head to head PS3 vs 360 comparison wouldn't probably be available for a couple of weeks, they go and post it today, a day before Madden is officially released. Clap, clap!

And as people have stated earlier, the two games are indeed essentially the same. So I'll flip a coin to decide if I want to get the PS3 or 360 version. So many choices in life!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:40 PM   #109
Puck Dynasty

soxnut1018's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoman
Typical Operation Sports.

Just like the review for NCAA football.

The OS way:
Let's give a good honest review of the game, and then give it a higher score then expected after reading the review. That way, the people that come to this site get a good review, but we also please the dev's with a high score that doesn't mesh with the actual review.
Um... no one is forcing you to read it.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #110
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
As I said before, after I played Madden 09 awhile, I felt that 09 was way over rated.

And that is all that counts for me, is me.
This.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #111
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
No. I was saying (imo) he fell into the same hole a lot of reviewers seem to when judging Madden; overlooking much of what he should've been critical of simply because this is the only football game on the market and we all love/need football. As Rocky alluded to earlier, because of NFL exclusivity I can see where it's difficult to judge the game properly.

It's a difficult thing to articulate but here goes: I don't know what standard Madden should be held to. It's the only sports game where there's literally no competition. So in some ways I'd think a reviewer would have to judge the game in part by using an admittedly subjective set of rules, extrapolating what should be expected of a football game. While also using how other sports games in other genres have progressed as a loose measurement. One thing's for sure - we sure as hell shouldn't be pointing to 5yr old last gen football games as some standard. Nor should Madden's poor showing so far next gen be the only thing the game should be measured against. I think that's a big reason why reviews are all over the place; because so many reviewers look at the game and are thankful it doesn't suck - instead of having some standard it should be held to
I understand what you are saying, but I just don't fell a reviewer goes into a review of a game and tries to compare it to a game that came out 5 yrs ago or a few years ago.

I believe they compare it with other Maddens and if they truly like the feel of the game.

Let's take a look at the basketball games.

I don't see too many reviewers talking about the other game. They talk about what's new and improved with the game they are reviewing and if it's better than prior years. I don't know, but I don't see too many reviews where a reviewer will claim that 2k basketball is better than NBA Live.

I think you need to step inside the shoes of a game reviewer instead of a sim player.

Just my thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #112
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29
Good stuff Steve. I can't wait for this game tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »