Home

Madden NFL 10 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 10 Review

good writeup....as I posted..I have only played both demos on both of our consoles, and so far 8.5 max...
I keep reading a lot about frills and presentation being the big thing this year...bring me improved collosion detection...the demos still showed bodies melding together and I did pass a ball through a defenders body part..thats where the improvements I wanted to see be seen
will see on Fri....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #82
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
I agree with you about the Defenders running the WRs routes with their backs to the QB's....its really bad sometimes and makes the game feel a little cheap. It should be patchable though.
That has been in Madden forever. What would make you think that they would patch it now lol?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 3

While this game has definately made some good strides,no way i hell does it deserve higher than a 8. The blocking sucks,players miss too many assignments and then there's the suction blocking which is annoying. Running animations still look like crap,players miss too many easy catches or INT's,AI still has that lightning speed burst to the ball to make the INT,Pro Tak is cool,but too much hugging going on. The players just get sucked into the tackle all the time and thats not realistic. Not once do u see a guy come in a lay on a huge hit while someone is hugging them. Tom Hammonds needs to go,he's annoying,gets alot of things wrong,and has no emotion. Thank god we can turn the fumble mini game off cuz that is garbage

Good things are the signature throws and kicks,much better catching animations,players slip and stumble,awesome presentation(could be better on halftime/postgame and superbowl),great online play,HUD is alot better,playmakers really show themselves and to choose to let a player play through an injury is cool. All in all,definately some big improvements,but still way too many gameplay issues and presentation lacks in a few areas. I'd give it an 8.0. Still a fun game this year
Old 08-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #84
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Great review! Very detailed and informative. I'd personally rate the game around an 8.5. IMO, it's not perfect, but it's the Best Madden Ever (current and last gen). Thank you Ian and team for finally making an NFL football game worth playing on this gen.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #85
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm officially hyped to pick this game up tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #86
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
Kotaku posted a nice short and sweet review on their site of the game today: http://kotaku.com/5336442/madden-nfl-10-review-slow-and-steady-wins-the-game

Also, since I'm not doing the official review for OS anymore, I will post the unofficial review for the game in my blog on here . I have impressions in there as well.

-Steve Montani Bartlett
OperationSports.com
Old 08-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #87
Rookie

strictbusiness14's Arena

OVR: 5
"Tom Hammond, the play-by-play commentator, is in a word, pitiful. He has no emotion, and he is often wrong when talking about a play."

I'm a Notre Dame fan, so I have to put up with him for every Irish home game. No offense to him, but that sounds just like the real Tom Hammond to me.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #88
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by walliworld
Wow, I am definitely renting game first. They want us to pay $70 for a game with known bugs, WOW....
$70?? Where do you buy your games? You are getting ripped off. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »