Home

Madden NFL 10 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2009, 10:01 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 10 Review

Is the game is a lot of fun, that of course it deserves a 9, cause thats the point of me playing this game to HAVE FUN
Old 08-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 10

One thing I'd like to add as an OLDDDDD Time game player from the Pong days. Do not forget this fact and remember where you heard it:

When these games were in hardcore programming and design, the recession was the deepest. What's the most popular game system with developers right now? The Wii. They can make more money off making some dummas Wii game than making a really, really solid 360/PS3 title.

So, the way business works is, the place where money is being made is The Wii. Guess who gets the best programmers and artists and funds?

Well, Madden is your exception PS3/360 guys. It makes so much money, it has major funding and killer talent at EA.

HOWEVER ..

There's gonna be a lot reviews on here for this year's edition of games from major companies that unless the version is on The Wii, it kinda sucks.

It's where the money is.

Madden is THE ONE exception. It's pretty much the biggest videogame of the year.

So, consider that BIG perspective when you are divvying up your future purchases.

You may just want throw "this" Madden in a pile of "buy" on the 360/PS3.

Who knows what The Wii lay waste to in the next nine months of game releases? But something tells me, not god. Not good.

Madden has the financial clout.

.. and that's news from The Real World Overview ...

Old 08-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 55
I'd give this game a 9 also and I think I look for similar things in football games as last year the more I played 09 I hated it also. This year is the opposite. Online Franchise has me very excited.. there's a lot of potential for many hours of online fun with my friends within that.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Good review. With my short time withit, I didn't really see anything that just Pee'd me off.

One thing - It seems like there were more stat overlays in the demo then in the retail. Maybe it's just me?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #61
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Could just be me, but I think some people are WAY too hung up on the score, and didn't read the review.

READ first, then look at the score.
You know it doesn't work like that though. If someone looks at Madden 10's score and The Show's score, most conclude that there are equal games in terms of quality. Even the staunchest Madden fan would have a hard time saying that's true.

Like I've said before, there is no standard for Madden. It certainly isn't stellar sports games such as NHL 09, The Show, NBA2K9 because Madden 10 gets similar or better scores without being as good.

Is it because of the competition? There is none to really compare it to and the latest competition's gameplay is still years ahead of Madden in some major areas. Or is it because they've improved? If so, I don't think that's enough to warrant a 9.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 10:45 AM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Or is it because they've improved? If so, I don't think that's enough to warrant a 9.
If you are saying it's just an improvement, I could see where that would have some merit.

I just feel the difference is between night and day from 09 to 10.

If you don't, that's your opinion.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 9
What has better graphics, Madden 10 on PS3 or Madden 10 on X-Box 360?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro78
I don't want to be too hard but a 9 to this game is IMHO waay to much.

Just few things:

- Running Animation and player movement are horrible
- Commentary is flat and repetitive
- Interaction between player (WR/DB) is decent at most

With the budget thet EA has for those games they MUST deliver better games.
If this game is a 9's, APF 2k or NFL 2k5 are 10's

Regards
Ummmm what? 2K5 and APF running animations look like C-3PO trying to carry a football. And APF commentary was 99% ported right out of 2K5. Not to mention the various problems with ******** secondary AI in 2K5. Keep trying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »