Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #369
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Before I get too excited I'd like to at least know if the D-League is available to play or for use in Franchise mode. You'd think it would be if they payed for the license. However the mention of it only pertains to the "create a pro" feature. I could see where it might be implemented in a gimmick feature like that but not make it into a much more in depth aspect as franchise.

I seriously doubt that summer league is in Association. It be nice if it was. At the very least I'd like to be able to move my guys up and down from the D-League and if its playable I'd consider it a bonus.

Hopefully we get some kind of clarification on this. I'd guess if we go weeks on end without clarification we can assume that its only available via "create a pro".

Lets not forget that no one and no article said that there would be a D-League or summer league in franchise mode. We're all just assuming that because its in the 'create a pro" mode that its in association. Hopefully you guys are spot on.
Well, you can figure that they'd take a page out of CH2K8's book with the ABL and include at least the D-League...they might find it repetitive to have the Summer League and Pre-Season in together. I wouldn't be extremely disappointed if they didn't include D-League, but I think it would be a big addition.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #370
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepytercel
I am not saying that it wasn't rewritten at all, but what I am saying is that, it wasn't completely rewritten from scratch. The game still had a majority of AI logic and animations from the older games. However, you make a good point then. What good would rewriting an engine be if you create something that is much worse than it ever has been? Should EA be bragging about that? I hope the game comes out well, but honestly, I don't see it surpassing 2K10, and I would love for 2K10 to be a stellar product, as to wipe the Wang rhetoric down. This is no different than the Ben Brinkman episode that 2K was riding on, and really, the MLB2K series was still really struggling. They both really share similar stories here.

gotta disagree that wang is rhetoric,man. dude is king on bball video gameplay. track record.

lol, he does have his work cut out for him with live, as i think 09 has a long way to go to be in the same zip code as 2k9, but 2k9 also had some problems, and was a step back in gameplay ,imo, just when wang left. think 2k6-2k7 level changes this year.

i wouldnt bet against wang bringing up live to 2k standards, it just how much he did in 1 and a half years for 10. he may need another 1-2 years

sounds like 2k responding. we'll see how both do.

2011 games gonna be awesome.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:18 AM   #371
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaints26
Well, you can figure that they'd take a page out of CH2K8's book with the ABL and include at least the D-League...they might find it repetitive to have the Summer League and Pre-Season in together. I wouldn't be extremely disappointed if they didn't include D-League, but I think it would be a big addition.
Yes, summer league in Association would be awesome for you to test your draft acquisitions and undrafted players who can fill your last roster spots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 06:56 AM   #372
Pro

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
that's one of my major problems with 2k. the coloring isn't really comparable to real life. maybe use a different color palette? and their court is smaller. make it a little wider.
The differnce is that 2K has a grey ambient light, while in real life the ambience is affected by the lights and reflections. If 2K added a yellow ambient light to that pic it would be no problem. And add some more contrast.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #373
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K10 info this evening on Gamespot!

I dont know about any of you...But this is the game I having been waiting for sense I started playing basketball video games!

This has to be too good to be true. Floor spacing, Dleague, Warm-up jerseys, be a pro mode, slightly better graphics, nice looking menus,

This is why I love 2k. Hate to sound like a 2k fanboy...But do I have any other choice? I love you 2k!
Old 08-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #374
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K10 info this evening on Gamespot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectRipCity
I dont know about any of you...But this is the game I having been waiting for sense I started playing basketball video games!

This has to be too good to be true. Floor spacing, Dleague, Warm-up jerseys, be a pro mode, slightly better graphics, nice looking menus,

This is why I love 2k. Hate to sound like a 2k fanboy...But do I have any other choice? I love you 2k!
I was going to respond, but I can't really express my feelings in a message better than this one.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #375
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Lets not forget that no one and no article said that there would be a D-League or summer league in franchise mode. We're all just assuming that because its in the 'create a pro" mode that its in association. Hopefully you guys are spot on.
I am scared that it isn't going to be in the main modes as well. How backwards would that be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #376
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
I am scared that it isn't going to be in the main modes as well. How backwards would that be?
Seems like it would be a waste of an investment to purchase the rights and not fully put it to work. If its playable like MLB's minor league then I'm pretty excited about it but at the very least just allow me the roster flexibility.

In my opinion its the one layer of depth that has truly been lacking in Association. For myself and many others 2nd round picks became almost worthless because there has always been more motivation to stack your bench with FA's over unproven talents. D-league would give us a chance to develop that C or D potential player with a rating of 62 without sacrificing a roster spot for 3-4 years.

If done right it'll be big. Big for the value of the draft. Big for your depth chart. Big for long term potential. Big for how we go about building a team 5+ years down the road.

I'd love to see someone chim in. I don't even need anything too revealing. We know that in some form or fashion its in the game soooooo tell us "yes its in Association" or not. That's all I need.

I have some aprehensions about them not revealing the full scope of D-League. Unless we're speculating wrong and "create a pro" is as far as it'll go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »