Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #289
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownclown
2nd Quarter Score 2:00 remaining

2K Live
19 58

Its a wrap for 2K and i mean this
Yeah its a wrap cause 2k doesn't have any of this improvments , some of fanboys just sound dumb. Back to the video I liked what I saw glad there fixing issue that have been in the game for to long.

- Allen Iverson
Old 08-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #290
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

What I found impressive about the video was how bad it made 09 look in comparison to 10 and 09 wasn't bad.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #291
Rookie

OVR: 12
That reminds me dropseven, a couple of months ago the live team said when da czar do is comparison vids the outcome will be very different, and from what i been seeing every week in the pics and reading the blogs. live is looking real strong this year.

For all the people who wasn't excited about that vid must haven't played live last year and wouldn't know how excited we are about what they have done with the gameplay and the other little things that they added to the game. All they can say is im not impressed b/c the "other" game already has that, but hiding the fact that the "other" game had that but it wasn't as good as what we are seeing in this vid, and the other game had waaaaayyyyyy less control over the player.

So please get off the people's back who say they are sold on this game already and let them have their excitement cause we know its a HUGE step from last year in the right direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #292
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA Live 10 Producer interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Just so you guys know, the rim sound is recorded from actual NBA games. I know what you're saying, just making sure you know this.
Is there more than one rim sound though? I think that might be the problem since it should sound differently depending on the type of dunk and if the player was hanging on the rim. Either way, it's not that big of a deal to me.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #293
Rookie

OVR: 17

Basketball should be the standard not last years video game. If the last years game is your standard then you can never acheive the true essence of the game of basketball. Now i am a nba fan first and am an nba live fan but, nba 2k8 is the greatest bball sim game on the market so far. Not to say its perfect because lock on d kill the game but all the other aspects of the gameplay are good. But you choose your own food not me.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #294
Rookie

OVR: 1
Marcus & the other EA production members have done a great job on visuals. As a Magic fan, I have a problem with the Orlando throwback jersey numbers. The number "1" on the jerseys are wrong... they should be sans serif. Check old Penny Hardaway pics and you'll see the "1" should be streamlined. Besides that, the game looks great!
Old 08-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #295
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekmen
some things i noticed:

the diving players never touch the ball, but the ball bounces off some invisible wall.

in the wilcox dive: the off-ball players don't interact with the hustle play. they are just standing around and don't even watch what is happening with the ball. so do the bench players and coaches.

must all been playoff-games. so many fans are standing and cheering.

that is derrick rose?!

the devin harris shot looks fluid.

foot-plant on dwades dunk isn't right. the left foot is planted at 3 several positions in the paint! looks like sliding.

manu with the isolation and the red rocket cutting in the paint?! he should be at the arc waiting for the dish.

lebron dunks the ball with great force, but when the ball is over the rim it just falls straight down.

david lees hair needs to be fixed.

rudy gay passes the ball to conley who could have never seen the ball coming.

i like the boxout animation.

marions expression after the made basket is good.
You my friend are a funny guy...artest dive.JPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #296
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 10 Producer interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
Is there more than one rim sound though? I think that might be the problem since it should sound differently depending on the type of dunk and if the player was hanging on the rim. Either way, it's not that big of a deal to me.
I can live with the same sound with the rim but there are specs in the nba on how tight rims are to be, (College hoop rims are looser) For example the tightness of the rims need to be at lets say a spec between .50 and .80 thats why the rims in Dallas sound different then the rims in Detroit.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »