Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #257
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
Exactly.

Live is promoting "HUSTLE PLAYS, REBOUNDING, BIG MOVES!".. um.. yeah.. 2k has had those things for the past 3 years?

It's funny because people who played Live exclusively were stating how the game is much better, and yet even the devs of Live came out and said it really wasn't that good of a game in comparison to the competition. I like their candid honesty which tells me they will work hard on bringing a good title this year. Nonetheless, it seems a bit weak to be pushing these things onto their customers as if these are new features, improved - yes, new - no.
Dont get into what 2k had for 3 years, Live got Synergy, 2k gets 82games this year. Live has pre game rituals, then 2k says they got rituals, live had hot spots for players, 2k has cell phone bar for hot spots, they take from each other.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 08-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #258
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Dont get into what 2k had for 3 years, Live got Synergy, 2k gets 82games this year. Live has pre game rituals, then 2k says they got rituals, live had hot spots for players, 2k has cell phone bar for hot spots, they take from each other.
The difference is, these are "touch ups" and "aesthetics", not fundamental parts of basketball.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #259
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Insecure?

From what? a few players who dribble the same? improved animations? players hustling?

I love how people completely ignore the positive parts but focus on the negatives.

I love the improvements, they did a solid job with boxouts and having the players tap the ball to themselves. KD and Harris's jumpers were bang on, the fluidity from dribbling to shot motion was also really well done.

The impartial people here were stating that these improvements are something which have been in "the other game" for a long time; and people were quick to say "I'M BUYING IT!" when you haven't even viewed a gameplay video yet?
True true. Things that are promoted are necessary parts of NBA basketball. But, while 2k has them for a while, they weren't executed at right times or you didn't have control (or at least not enough) over them and that I think Live will give us this year. If 2k improves they will still have better game. But if this is just loud mouthing by EA then we will yet again have one good bball game (even if 2k just smoothers some gameplay issues and nothing else).
Old 08-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #260
Rookie

OVR: 13

Did you guys notice the new Live scoreboard behind Mike during the interview?
Old 08-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #261
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChow21
Did you guys notice the new Live scoreboard behind Mike during the interview?
I notice that. It looks like the scoreboard that tnt looks uses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #262
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Insecure?

From what? a few players who dribble the same? improved animations? players hustling?

I love how people completely ignore the positive parts but focus on the negatives.

I love the improvements, they did a solid job with boxouts and having the players tap the ball to themselves. KD and Harris's jumpers were bang on, the fluidity from dribbling to shot motion was also really well done.

The impartial people here were stating that these improvements are something which have been in "the other game" for a long time; and people were quick to say "I'M BUYING IT!" when you haven't even viewed a gameplay video yet?

So? its theyre MONEY not yours? So whats ur problem? Are we forcing u to BUY? Theyre not asking money from u... Duh!
Old 08-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #263
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
The difference is, these are "touch ups" and "aesthetics", not fundamental parts of basketball.
..and again, who cares?

I dont give a piece of manure who had what first and who adds what?

If you're a fan of the game how can you not like it?

I didnt see people saying the draft combine wasnt exciting because Sony had the life already in their game.

Its a freaking joke to me to come in here and smash down on things and make up words to fit agendas....whoever it might be

Rebounding was needed, different dribble moves were needed, great,they added them, some people will enjoy that...I dont care if it was in Magic Johnson's fastbreak.. let them have their fun.

..and guys please, the people who are saying they are sold are the people who already wanted the game anyhow, just like the people who are paying 5 bucks for an in game mode for 2k will buy their game too.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #264
Rookie

OVR: 4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »