Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #249
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChow21
Is this Ronnie2k or something?
No, it's a general view, look at TMagic's posts on the last page.

You have a bunch of people going crazy over rebounds and other things.. this is basketball! those things should have been in a long time ago..

I think they did a phenomenal job with the video, I stated that in the latter part of my post; which the majority of Live fans here seem to be ignoring and only focusing on the first part.

There are other people here sharing the same view.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #250
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
The real question is, do the players have their own dribbling packages?

Take Ginobili, Wade, and Nash out of that video.

Does their dribbling style look entirely different to you?

2k's draft combine pics and previews stated they have exclusive ball handling for a variety of players. I want to see Wade dribble like Wade, Gino dribble like Gino, and so on.

Also, albeit premature, this looks like something which will make the game feel stagnant. Online, I can see people sitting there trying to pull off moves for the entire 24 second shot clock before ever hitting a teammate with a pass; not that this differs from 2k, in 2k one move gets you to the basket, unfortunately. The only thing that stops 2k once in a while is lock down D feature which bodies them.
just so you know, yes we do.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #251
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
The real question is, do the players have their own dribbling packages?

Take Ginobili, Wade, and Nash out of that video.

Does their dribbling style look entirely different to you?

2k's draft combine pics and previews stated they have exclusive ball handling for a variety of players. I want to see Wade dribble like Wade, Gino dribble like Gino, and so on.

Also, albeit premature, this looks like something which will make the game feel stagnant. Online, I can see people sitting there trying to pull off moves for the entire 24 second shot clock before ever hitting a teammate with a pass; not that this differs from 2k, in 2k one move gets you to the basket, unfortunately. The only thing that stops 2k once in a while is lock down D feature which bodies them.
Funny, how you are criticizing everyone because they jumped to conclusion that the game is great... and you are jumping into the conclusion that the game will have multiple problems from watching a trailer too, wait till you try the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #252
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronimous
ahahaha I smell someone is insecure!
Insecure?

From what? a few players who dribble the same? improved animations? players hustling?

I love how people completely ignore the positive parts but focus on the negatives.

I love the improvements, they did a solid job with boxouts and having the players tap the ball to themselves. KD and Harris's jumpers were bang on, the fluidity from dribbling to shot motion was also really well done.

The impartial people here were stating that these improvements are something which have been in "the other game" for a long time; and people were quick to say "I'M BUYING IT!" when you haven't even viewed a gameplay video yet?
Old 08-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #253
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

ID like to know why you 2k only fans keep calling these things new features when noone said they were?

Not only that, these are things that was asked to be fixed when 09 released and they told us they would

I know its hard to believe but some people enjoyed some parts of Live 09. Not only that, but if it is a huge improvement they have plenty of reason to be happy.

Maybe EA hasnt sold you with feature hype yet and all of that, but some people DO look forward to some things in this series being fixed finally to enhance their enjoyment.
a
Please lets not make this a vs thread, because its about EA's improvements, nothing to do with 2k.

Last edited by 23; 08-08-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #254
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
ID like to know why you 2k only fans keep calling these things new features when noone said they were?

Not only that, these are things that was asked to be fixed when 09 released tand they told us they would

I know its hard to believe but some people enjoyed some parts of Live 09. Not only that, but if it is a huge improvement they have plenty of reason to be happy.

Maybe EA hasnt sold you with feature hype yet and all of that, but some people DO look forward to some things in this series being fixed finally to enhance their enjoyment.
a
Please lets not make this a vs thread, because its about EA's improvements, nothing to do with 2k.
Thank you, 23
Old 08-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #255
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Not only that, these are things that was asked to be fixed when 09 released tand they told us they would

a
AMEN to that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #256
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

I like the direction that the live series is going under the new developers. The fundamentals of basketball are being added which will provide a more authentic experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »