Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #233
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
I like how you haven't seen a 2k video yet and you're already convinced, that's hilarious.
The hell u care? Its his opinion...
Old 08-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #234
Rookie

Sure, but people are jumping the gun on a video trailer.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #235
Banned

Quote:
Exactly.

Live is promoting "HUSTLE PLAYS, REBOUNDING, BIG MOVES!".. um.. yeah.. 2k has had those things for the past 3 years?

It's funny because people who played Live exclusively were stating how the game is much better, and yet even the devs of Live came out and said it really wasn't that good of a game in comparison to the competition. I like their candid honesty which tells me they will work hard on bringing a good title this year. Nonetheless, it seems a bit weak to be pushing these things onto their customers as if these are new features, improved - yes, new - no.
I cant recall they said "HUSTLE PLAYS, REBOUNDING, BIG MOVES!" as the NEW feature.. I think someone's reaching quite a bit....
Pls post the link that EA said its the NEW FEATURE...

Last edited by ronimous; 08-08-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #236
Rookie

brs2305's Arena

Quote:
Exactly.

Live is promoting "HUSTLE PLAYS, REBOUNDING, BIG MOVES!".. um.. yeah.. 2k has had those things for the past 3 years?

It's funny because people who played Live exclusively were stating how the game is much better, and yet even the devs of Live came out and said it really wasn't that good of a game in comparison to the competition. I like their candid honesty which tells me they will work hard on bringing a good title this year. Nonetheless, it seems a bit weak to be pushing these things onto their customers as if these are new features, improved - yes, new - no.
and 2k isn't doing that with "My Player" and "82games" i.e..Live got that already whatsoever.
Mike hasn't introduced it as a new feature but as an gameplay overhaul and advancement, and that's the main thing they were focusing on. Stop blaming them for that , but respect them for what they are doing. It's completely new team and it's not their fault that Live has been garbage in the past...But they are doing an awesome job now...
Old 08-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #237
Pro

Haval93's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Exactly.

Couple of Things I wanted to say: First the person I quoted.

The NBA Live Team hasn't said these are brand new features, they just said that they are game play improvements. Not once did Mike in the video say new feature. A feature is a game play mode such as Dynasty Mode, "The Hangar", etc. Those have been said to be features, the video it-self says game play improvements.

Second, the video looks very good and can't wait to play the demo. Couple of things here and there looked off but I can get passed that if the game plays good.

The last thing is a brain-buster to me , why would people want NBA Live to feel just like NBA 2K, I agree some concepts should be added to Live but if I wanted to have a game feel like NBA 2K, I would rather just play NBA 2K than the knocked-up version of it. I want the game to feel new and not feel like NBA 2K, that's why I play Live because it's different from 2K. So when people say it should feel more like NBA 2K I get very confused and wonder. I for one don't want two game's "feeling" the exact same way. Both should be Sim approach but different vibe and flow. Sorry for the novel.

My .02 Cents....
Old 08-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #238
Rookie

OVR: 3
just give it time man....ppl are on that intial video trailar high....this happens year after year after year again...once more videos come out and 2k shows what they have to offer ppl will comeback to reality
Old 08-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #239
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Yeah it looks way better than non-existent gameplay footage. The stuff in that video was in 2k9 so I don't know how it can look way better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
For the sake of all Live Gamers, I hope it lives up to the Hype. Diving for balls and Size Up moves is more Evolutionary than Revolutionary (For Live anyway). They've already been done in other games, so I really don't see the, "It's a Wrap" sentiment is coming from???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3shPrinc3Nyc
this isnt bad.....but i feel everything live is just now introducing 2k been had
i'm still not blown away.
no hate
Quote:
Exactly.

All of the above.

I can understandstand why some people would be excited and amazed about some of the things that Live added when they've been playing Live for a few years and these things were absent.

But when the competition already had these things in place, I can't get excited as some of you are. Especially to the point where I've already made my decision to buy Live.

Nothing they added in this video set them apart from 2K.

- Rebounding
- Hustle Plays
- Nice crowd and arena design and atmosphere
- Size up dribbling
- Smooth animations

All that was already present in 2K. Which is again, why I can't be overly excited about it.

With that being said, based on that video, Live looks like they may have possibly did these things better than 2K did in 2K9. The crowd and arenas look great and well animated. I think their size up dribbles look a lot better. Their hustle plays look fantastic. In 2k they dive for loose balls, but nothing close to the extent they are in this video.

So while I'm not amazed at all these things, I am very impressed with their implementation based on that video at this point.

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 08-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #240
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

For me there's nothing wrong with people getting excited but I don't get the whole "Live Wins!!!" thing going on based on this video.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »