Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-08-2009, 04:29 AM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Gameplay Enhancements w/ Mike Wang

By the way: if a dev ends up reading this, please change Turkoglu's number, his number is not 15, it's 26.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:31 AM   #194
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 10 Producer interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23bluesman
You could do that with different players in Live 09 (even the celebration wasn't Marion specific). If it's meant to be Marion's patented move then by all means give it to him, but to him only.
Marion's celebration is not player specific? please do your research before you post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_WqpFfdGdU
Old 08-08-2009, 04:42 AM   #195
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Hell yea. Player models looks great. Honestly its reminding me of a next gen NBA Live 05.

^^Pure SICKNESS. Look at the lighting. You can see the electricity in the building. This game is gonna be off the ****ing chain. Even the Magic(or whatever team that is) bench is standing up.
Couldn't agree more. Just woke up (Europe) read through all posts and had to quote yours! Totally agree!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 05:05 AM   #196
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
By the way: if a dev ends up reading this, please change Turkoglu's number, his number is not 15, it's 26.
Uhh... you know all this stuff is WIP right? they will fix it by the time the game ships
Old 08-08-2009, 05:06 AM   #197
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Marion's celebration is not player specific? please do your research before you post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_WqpFfdGdU
Alot of other players do that same thing...
Old 08-08-2009, 05:10 AM   #198
Rookie

OVR: 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Jek3LidIc

That reminds me of how live looks and did you see how the backboard looks real in the producers vid comared to the youtube vid..They really doing it up this year and this is why i say nba live 10 will look real and play realistic
Old 08-08-2009, 05:32 AM   #199
Banned

OVR: 12

I've got to admit, that video looked pretty good. I still think the net animations need work though. Everything else looked nice, particularly the rebounding.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:49 AM   #200
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
^ lmao..

Look at the ball proportions in comparison to the rim, and the rim does sound like a trash can.

The animations are improved and less robitic but still slightly herky jerky. Watch Wade stop for a second before flying in for a dunk. The game still has way too much of a cartoonish appeal; I guess I will have to "feel the game" like Mike Wang stated. Looks much better than last year, but is that really saying much?

P.S : Marion's celebration was extremely authentic and spot on, including his little scoop shot. Great work on the personalized celebrations.
Classic 2K gamer post. I don't mean you are some ride or die 2K guy but I think you have played it so much that now you can't look at anything else the same way.

When it comes down to it I think we all prefer one game over the other. We are all basketball fans here but I think that each game just does things a certain way.

And we just prefer it to look or sound that way. I for one am more excited for Live not just because it looks like it improved but because Live just appeals to me more.

Deep down while I do like 2K if Live plays a great game of ball I know I will be playing it more. Just for the simple fact that I like the way live works versus 2K.

And I know that this is something that will not change. Just look at Madden some people were really hyped for the game but were disappointed once they got their hands on it because they forgot it was still Madden.

A game can improve all it wants but if the core mechanics don't appeal to you the game itself wont either. And this can even effect the way people look at player models or animations because every game has its own style.

You probably already know this but it was more of an explanation for why people seem so excited for Live this year.

Quote:
The celebration SHOULD be Marion specific, Marion has done that celebration countless times; I've seen it in Raps games.

I don't play Live 09, and never touched it, so thanks for pointing out the latter part of your post.
This is a perfect example of the style differences in Live and 2K. In 2K "signature moves" is the name of the game. While in Live its more about just making things authentic basketball wise.

Like athletic players such as Lebron moving with speed and power or quick players like CP3 moving like an eel through traffic.

Not many player specific animations but ones that would represent how they play is how Live seems to work imo.

This can make a huge difference in the way people look at a game no matter how much of a fan of basketball they are. Sometimes we just can't get past these things no matter how insignificant they can look in other people's eyes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »