Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-06-2009, 02:42 PM   #273
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

I mean stuff that's been talked about every year, the only new thing we've heard is an entire completely different game, and modes that have been changing almost the same way every year ...
Old 08-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #274
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2k2ndc
I mean stuff that's been talked about every year, the only new thing we've heard is an entire completely different game, and modes that have been changing almost the same way every year ...
Damn you 2K for not trying to reinvent the wheel every year

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #275
It's Far From Over...

bbolo84's Arena

OVR: 28

I like the fact that they are separating the elite players from the scrubs by streching out the ratings. I think this will make a huge difference in players on the court. Hopefully the "My Player" feature is well balanced enough to keep people hooked. Overall very excited about the game, even though the graphics seem a bit shaky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #276
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
You're misinterperting, I wasn't saying keep it out cause people wouldn't know better. They should strive to make the best NBA sim possible without giving us options to be subjective and decide 'this is what is right for my style of NBA'.

It's an NBA game, why not have it best represented from the get-go without all the cheekiness?

The fact we can't change it for online ranked matches would mean that online we have to assume those are the best settings for the game to be NBA simulation; which after toning down sliders and game speed in unranked/offline, they are clearly not the best representing of the NBA.
Online players are always very vocal, sometime manically so, about their wishes, and its understandable because IMO, they always get a second rate game playing experience.

I have never played a sports game that wasn't heavily geared at default levels for easy offensive success for the User. Therefore having two Users in a head to head game only exacerbates the situation. Developers aren't going to making things too difficult for players out of the box, i.e. a NBA simulation, because they don't want a large percentage of their customer base to get frustrated or feel incompetent.

As a result of this design decision H2H games have to be played stylistically in a way that is totally different then what takes places in real life. Players either make a gentleman's agreement not to purposely exploit, or the game plays out like a fighting game, where people break out their various "combos" to try and win.

For some people their desire for competition against a human opponent means that they will accept dozens and dozens of highly improbably if not impossible gameplay scenarios. For me that is unacceptable. 15 years ago, it was O.K., not now, that bell can't be unrung.

Sliders and Franchise/Dynasty mode is what saved sports gaming for me. Without these two things I probably would have stopped playing sports games a decade ago.

No sports developer want to take a chance and not hold the Users hand on the out of the box settings.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #277
Pro

I hate graphics complaints so much. To me it just sounds like someone saying "Man, I'm pissed Marc and Pau Gasol don't have new haircuts this year, I was really looking forward to something different!"

Maybe it looks better, maybe it doesn't, the point is I really don't care what they look like as long as they're playing good basketball.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #278
Legend in the making...

CallMeDrop's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
I hate graphics complaints so much. To me it just sounds like someone saying "Man, I'm pissed Marc and Pau Gasol don't have new haircuts this year, I was really looking forward to something different!"

Maybe it looks better, maybe it doesn't, the point is I really don't care what they look like as long as they're playing good basketball.

True...but I still like some eye candy every now and then.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #279
Pro

Thats not what Im saying, I don't want the game to reinvent every year, it's just they don't fix little things that really irk me, One thing being how they look, and have an artificial glow, how jerseys look unrealistic ... So far I've only really seen that, and reading something doesn't necessarily mean it's fixed .... Like last year defense was supposed to be fixed, but still it was easy to get by everyone even with the new defensive assist .. which didn't really do nothing but let people get you in the animation when they get on your hip, and at that point it's almost 100% going to be a made basket ... especially how the game implements help defense ...
Old 08-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #280
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote button is your best friend. Don't be afraid to use it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »