Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #265
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I don't even mess with sliders but it makes no sense to me to keep the option there out because people wouldn't know any better if there were no sliders. Any sports game I care about has sliders anyway so if someone brought up taking them out in those games I would ask what sense that would make.
You're misinterperting, I wasn't saying keep it out cause people wouldn't know better. They should strive to make the best NBA sim possible without giving us options to be subjective and decide 'this is what is right for my style of NBA'.

It's an NBA game, why not have it best represented from the get-go without all the cheekiness?

The fact we can't change it for online ranked matches would mean that online we have to assume those are the best settings for the game to be NBA simulation; which after toning down sliders and game speed in unranked/offline, they are clearly not the best representing of the NBA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #266
Pro

OVR: 10

Im sorry, I do not see a difference between this years and last year pics ... It looks exactly the same, some faces do look a bit better, but overall in game, they look the same as this years new screenshots, skin tone, down to how jerseys don't touch player bodies ... IDK, But for me, I don't compare games graphics, I compare the overall game experience and how the grphics look compared to the lat year of the game ... speaking for myself only
Old 08-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #267
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
Do you complain about other sports games in this fashion?

No, because the sliders aren't there for you in the first place.

You can't change online ranked matches sliders anyway, so essentially, you're playing "out of the box sim"; and the majority of people hate it.

Dunks in traffic? blocked shots? steals? shooting %'s?

I was making a point that if we were never presented with sliders, we would have most likely complained a lot less.

Nope. I was at OS before most games had sliders and people still complained the same amount.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #268
MVP

OVR: 12

wats that screenshot with the brown court on the screen? it won't let me see them
Old 08-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #269
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Nope. I was at OS before most games had sliders and people still complained the same amount.
The majority of people still complain because we can't change it where it most matters (online ranked matches).
Old 08-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #270
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2k2ndc
You know what, you are right, 'dissappointed' is strong considering how early in the stage of info on the new game is at ... It's just I'm dissappointed more at the info being released .. I just hate waiting and getting this BS that we have been fed so far .. and I still hold true to everything else I said, graphically the game is completely the same as far as I can see ...
What BS have we been fed so far?
Old 08-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #271
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

And anybody expecting a game to be %100 Sim or even close to that, I have a Beachfront Home in the middle of the Sahara Desart I'd like to sell you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #272
Rookie

OVR: 3

YES SIR!!!!!

"CREATE-A-DRAFT Class" ... if the CAPs are as detailed as the CAPs in Draft Combine ... This is going to be GREAT!!! I personally can't wait for 10-06-09.

Its a lot of nit picking going on but thats what people do ... I overstand ... Everyone doesn't like the same thing so to each their own … But IMO

*The Graphics are amazing (Not perfect but compared to Double Dribble ... they're BREATH TAKING!) and yes BETTER than LIVEs graphics … and LMAO at the people pointing out the Bulls jersey not being “Red” enough & Dino Kobe

*All the 2K9 cheese hating … I don’t get … People shot with there Favorite player OFTEN … it happens.

*Player Ratings / Tendencies : THIS can / will NEVER be PERFECT … someone will always disagree! But it would be nice if the logic behind the ratings would be explained … Are the rating based on season averages or Per 48 minutes or whom ever the Insider has a crush on that month?

*CREATE-A-COACH & the ability to edit / change coaches BEFORE going into Association mode is what I’m hoping to have in 2K10 … Avery Johnson!!!!!

Also Check this out:

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=68123

Always Pushin...
Buttons

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »