Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #257
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

I'm liking the controls for the post up game...I don't know how the shot stick is going to be applied to it though...I wish they delved in deeper to that...
Old 08-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #258
Pro

OVR: 10

You know what, you are right, 'dissappointed' is strong considering how early in the stage of info on the new game is at ... It's just I'm dissappointed more at the info being released .. I just hate waiting and getting this BS that we have been fed so far .. and I still hold true to everything else I said, graphically the game is completely the same as far as I can see ...
Old 08-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #259
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
Lastly:

In most other sports games I don't have the option to change sliders.

If the goalies block too many shots in NHL 10, I can't suddenly decide I need to lower it so I score more goals, etc. I just assume EA made the best hockey game possible, and only in 2k did I begin to think 'this is not right, this needs to be changed' because the option was there for me.

I think if there were no sliders in the first place, it would be less subjective and you would not get people saying "ok the blocks are way too high, I need to tone it down" because we'd assume the game best represents the players and the NBA straight out of the box.
So instead of letting people change what they think might be off or just make it so that it's a more enjoyable game to play people should just suck it up and deal with whatever the developers give them?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #260
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2k2ndc
You know what, you are right, 'dissappointed' is strong considering how early in the stage of info on the new game is at ... It's just I'm dissappointed more at the info being released .. I just hate waiting and getting this BS that we have been fed so far .. and I still hold true to everything else I said, graphically the game is completely the same as far as I can see ...
It's not, compare Derek Fisher's picture to last year. The skin textures are much better and the faces look more lifelike and animated.

After viewing the live screenshots I'm going to have to say I do like Live's pictures a bit better but I think 2k's facial animations are more life like. Some faces in live look downright angry, like Nash and Deron.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #261
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Lastly:

In most other sports games I don't have the option to change sliders.

If the goalies block too many shots in NHL 10, I can't suddenly decide I need to lower it so I score more goals, etc. I just assume EA made the best hockey game possible, and only in 2k did I begin to think 'this is not right, this needs to be changed' because the option was there for me.

I think if there were no sliders in the first place, it would be less subjective and you would not get people saying "ok the blocks are way too high, I need to tone it down" because we'd assume the game best represents the players and the NBA straight out of the box.

See, sliders can make you love the game in different ways. I.E if your a sim player, you can adjust the sliders to be as sim as possible(slow game speed, realistic tendancies, low steals, low blocks) but if your an arcade player(fast speed, lots of points and shots taken, high # of blocks etc.)

Therefore, if sliders are in a game, it can cater to more than one "crowd". IMO thats why i buy 2k games over EA's except hockey, i buy both. And NHL 10 has sliders now, so you can adjust goalies.

The Live and 2k screens are likely WIP, meaning they are going to improve.

Last edited by kai123; 08-06-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #262
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
So instead of letting people change what they think might be off or just make it so that it's a more enjoyable game to play people should just suck it up and deal with whatever the developers give them?
Do you complain about other sports games in this fashion?

No, because the sliders aren't there for you in the first place.

You can't change online ranked matches sliders anyway, so essentially, you're playing "out of the box sim"; and the majority of people hate it.

Dunks in traffic? blocked shots? steals? shooting %'s?

I was making a point that if we were never presented with sliders, we would have most likely complained a lot less.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #263
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Do you complain about other sports games in this fashion?

No, because the sliders aren't there for you in the first place.

You can't change online ranked matches sliders anyway, so essentially, you're playing "out of the box sim"; and the majority of people hate it.

Dunks in traffic? blocked shots? steals? shooting %'s?

I was making a point that if we were never presented with sliders, we would have most likely complained a lot less.
I don't even mess with sliders but it makes no sense to me to keep the option there out because people wouldn't know any better if there were no sliders. Any sports game I care about has sliders anyway so if someone brought up taking them out in those games I would ask what sense that would make.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #264
Rookie

Only things I want to see added now is a super deep and new improved CAP mode, Dynamic Atmosphere, and much improved association mode and this game is gold.

I hope all the ball morphing is fixed too...

Bring NFL 2k Football back

Last edited by B-Wills; 08-06-2009 at 02:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »