Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #209
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte06
like DC I totally hated the subjective rating system, seemed like the name of the game last year was complain to the 2K Insider enough until he raised the attributes of your fav player.
Actually from what I am reading is the RATINGS will still be done by 2K Insider and the tendencies will be done by 82games.

I wonder if the tendencies will be updated automatically or does the Insider have to go look at 82games and then input the data
Old 08-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #210
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
One thing I would like to know is if the big men are 7 feet and above, will they still dominate defensively? (like Ilgauskas for example).

I really don't like the fact that guards like Jameer Nelson, CP3, and Tony Parker will miss a bunch of easy layups inside simply because they were contested by a big man.

Assuming the court spacing helps, it should clear that up a bit.

It's something that worries me because I felt small quick guards were largely ineffective going inside and were blocked left and right on any layup attempt. This made the game much more superstar/big man heavy instead of running a team point guard style.
Big lanky players like Ilgauskas SHOULD make those players miss shots when they meet them in decent position at the rim.

Read that again. WHEN THEY MEET THEM IN DECENT POSITION AT THE RIM. Of course, these guys are gonna be slower, whilst Parker is blazing fast(And Jameer is in comparison to them) and don't really have a lot of savvy on the defensive end so they shouldn't always make the right decisions and should arrive late some of the time.

Defense is ALL about positioning. You stay in front of your man, funnel him into help that's between him and the basket, and get a hand in his face.

In short, Ron Artest shouldn't drop a players % of making a shot any more than JJ Redick would because his Defensive Awareness is higher. Ron Artest should drop the % of a made shot because he is a better defender because he knows the assignments he needs to pick up, where he needs to/should be, is much stronger and quicker laterally, is taller and longer, establishes good position in regards to the offensive player, and has a willingness to contest shots.

A hand in the face is a hand in the face, no matter who's it is.

I really, really hope they nailed this aspect of it.

Last edited by Mo_Magic; 08-06-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #211
Rookie

OVR: 2

I never put much stock in commentary. I liked that it was there, but, ultimately I just turned it off and listened to a couple of CH(Charles Hamilton) mixtapes songs while playing 2k9 and oohed and awed whenever I pulled off a fastbreak dunk(I don't dunk unless I have a clear lane).

The spacing got on my nerves from 2k9 though. It was like there was no difference between shooting a mid range or 3 . I'm glad to hear they fixed it and it looks evident from the screenshots.

I will not buy NBA Live until they fix there player movement and they immulate basketball from a physics standpoint. The ball does not affect the rim that way and the rim looks wack as hell. Plus when the players stop and start it looks horrnedous. No fluidity at all . A minor gripe I know but it just bothers the hell out of me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #212
Banned

OVR: 12

The additions to 2K10 sound fantastic! I particularly like the inclusion of My Player mode, D-league, and long-overdue improved commentary.

Both NBA games might be stepping it up this year. Here's hoping.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #213
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Not to get too OT, but this is more important to me than the subject at hand right now:

Aiyyo, no homo, on the real... but daaaaaaaamn.

Sage, not even joking, you're making my myspace page. That "Like Film" is dooooooope!

Likin' what I'm hearing. Definitely inspirational to me. I'm new to the whole game. Still learning to write.

Last edited by Mo_Magic; 08-06-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #214
Pro

OVR: 10

I wont lie this is very dissappointing ... HuH ... Maybe the gameplay will make me happier .... Hopefully.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #215
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Magic
Just seeing all this info now.

Excuse my french, but holy mother****ing bat **** droplets from an elephants ***!!!
That's a whole lot better than:

"Excuse me while I clean myself up."

"I have to clean up my monitor..."

"I was looking at info on 2K....And I JIZZ IN MY PANTS.
"

Surprised we haven't gotten any of those yet.

Then again, maybe those only arrive after trailer and videos are shown.

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #216
Cold & Cocky

frostbyte06's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Actually from what I am reading is the RATINGS will still be done by 2K Insider and the tendencies will be done by 82games.

I wonder if the tendencies will be updated automatically or does the Insider have to go look at 82games and then input the data
Yeah I re-read that and it looks like you're right, I guess it will affect how the "hot zones" are determined.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »