Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #193
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesniper321
I'm not impressed, not AT ALL. I heard nothing about sliding, help D, on ball D, LESS CLIPPLING???? And is the game less a dunkfest??? All those things are nice, but if in the end you can still pass the ball through you defender, make 2 steps to the basketball without any collision, momentum, dribbling, then posterize 3 guys with a between the legs or a windmill on a regular basis, it's useless ..........So see ya when I will be sure this is not how 2k10 will turn just like 2k8 and 2k9.
2K the ball is in your side you can make me dream again or continue your fall since 2k8.
I skimmed through all 19 pages of this thread and there are less than 5 posts that mention this.

I'm not going to say that I'm not impressed because there are a TON of improvements and additions for 2K10.

The biggest problem in 2k9 was the help defense. Maybe the spacing will "help" the situation, but if this hasn't been addressed, they can add everything they want to and the game will be 2k9.5.

If a guard can penetrate the lane all day and clip through 7 footers for easy layups again this year, the forums will blow up in a negative way. Remember all the points in the paint from 2K9? Is that being addressed? What about entry passes that always magically clipped to the intended target?

Again, a lot of great stuff here and I'm excited for the game, but I really hope the defense has been looked and FIXED!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #194
Banned

OVR: 26

I'm a season whore, if you're unfamiliar with the phrase, that's what we called girls back in my high school days when they would change boyfriends based on the season i.e. football season, basketball season and so on and so forth. Anyway, I don't venture these parts until around Oct. annually and of course I didn't read the article so I'm 0-2.

Will this years 2K be changing the way plays are ran this time around, like the way it is in live?
I like that about the live series, but I love this game because of its animations.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #195
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
This is huge news for me, I wasn't even going to consider 2K10 unless this issue was addressed and it's impressive that it's mentioned in the very first news about the game. Looks like I'll be getting both NBA games this year.
Same. I wasn't planning on buying a hoops game this year but with improved spacing I'm more tempted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #196
Pro

OVR: 7
after reading the gamespot article all i can say is ''SUPERMAN'S BACK IN THE BUILDING SUPERMAN'S BACK IN THE BUILDING'' lol
Old 08-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #197
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
i hope the new commentary means exactly just that! NEW COMMENTARY! no lines from last year...if i hear "PLAY OF THE YEAR" one more time >:[

i hope they actually got these two (Harlan & other guy) together in a booth or something so that its sounds more natural...

now id like to see if they fixed the play calling execution..meaning no more walking to there spot to set up a play but upon reading that double teams are no long canimated gives me hope that play execution is fixed...
The fact that he mentioned that he didn't think they had very much chemistry last year but it's different in 2k10 makes me hopeful that the commentary is much better. It's about time the NBA game had good commentary.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #198
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Yea but the question is how long will it take for the turbo to diminish and replinish. Just because there is a bar doesn't mean cheesers won't be able to still run around foolishly.
I think they mentioned that if they continue to use turbo after their bar gets depleted, that the players stamina will decrease dramatically while they continue to hold turbo.

So I think they can still run around "foolishly", but they will pay for it when they see that Gatorade cup pop up in the first quarter and the rest of the game.

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 08-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #199
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

Guess I'm in the minority because I liked 2k9's commentary. I don't get annoyed as easily as some of you guys though.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #200
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Guess I'm in the minority because I liked 2k9's commentary. I don't get annoyed as easily as some of you guys though.
I liked all the player specific stuff that they had but there was to much of the same generic disjointed lines that were repeated over and over again.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »