Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-06-2009, 03:09 AM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 4
lmao yeah dude they better make the atmosphere much more livelier .. it was funny how in 2k9 sometimes even before you did a windmill slam the announcers would have announced it while the player is in his gather .. lmaoo
Old 08-06-2009, 03:12 AM   #170
Rookie

OVR: 5
lol who cares about the d league they are nba rejects i dont want to play with the minor league weak.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:23 AM   #171
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

Now about the D-League- the article says there are the real teams and jerseys, but are the players in there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 03:26 AM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think D League implementation is a great idea. If it's also possible to split the MLE, and also use the LLE I'll be thrilled.

I also think the faces are a lot smoother. Derek Fisher and Jermaine O'Neal (in the corner getting dunked on by Shaq) stood out to me.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:26 AM   #173
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NELL86
lol who cares about the d league they are nba rejects i dont want to play with the minor league weak.
I can't wait for the D-League. I'm hoping they are playable just in regular games, or even online games. Scrub battles would be awesome!

But D-League will be a great addition to the My Player mode, it'd be fun to play in the D-League for a year and then get called up onto an NBA roster. It'd be fun to go from the bottom to the top in the game.

If it's in Association mode as well (it better be), then it'd add a whole new dimension to the game. Not only would you have to scout all the rookie prospects, but you could also scout and follow the D-League players to try and find the next Jamario Moon. And this would hopefully give you a way to develop your young players who don't get any playing time. I'm hoping that you'll be able to play the D-League games in your Association. D-League will be a huge addition as long as it's done right.
(Example, say your the Celtics and have Giddens on a D-League team, I'd want to play Giddens games as well as my Celtics games)

Old 08-06-2009, 03:29 AM   #174
MVP

Parasight's Arena

OVR: 12

Anyone else notice a severe increase in silly posts/posters?

On topic: The changes sound good. But like all first impressions, they are meant to catch the attention in a positive way. It isn't until about the 2 hour mark with the game in your hands that you can really evaluate it. Given that the GameSpot writer had just seen the game yesterday (sounds like he didn't get much time to play it, if at all), I'm going to hold off on his positive comments on the commentary improvements.

Tendencies are only as beneficial as the method in which they are implemented. Some attributes are just hard to measure numerically and efficiently convert to an output in a videogame. I pray to god they give the 2K Insider a lesser job like rating the D-Leaguers.

Court spacing is an issue every year, and every year they claim to have fixed it. I like what I'm hearing so far, but I want to see it in action before I lay judgment on that.

By far the best news for me though has to be the ability to create your own Draft Class for import in Association Mode. Every year I make a batch of friends and myself, all the same overall rating and potential, and see how our careers go from the draft (had to do fantasy). Now I can do it right.

Overall, things sound good. But don't they always?

Last edited by Parasight; 08-06-2009 at 03:32 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:54 AM   #175
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13
The amount of silly / fanboy-esque type posts increases every year around this time. When Madden gets ready to launch and any news of NBA Live and NBA2k starts coming through the wire.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 04:11 AM   #176
Pro

OVR: 22
Built of awesome. That article sounded great!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »