Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2009, 01:27 AM   #145
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

All of this means little to me unless they worked on animation triggering, basic player movement (extremely over-animated, casually dribbling around the perimeter shouldn't be a chore as it is in 2k9). And most importantly the defensive end of the court, because the fundementals in this game are god awful and really killed the game experience for me in 2k9.

Hpefully the AI is a little less scripted this time as well. What's the point of having extensive playbooks when the CPU only bothers to run 2-3 of them?

Last edited by RipCity71252; 08-06-2009 at 01:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 01:28 AM   #146
Pro

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K10 info this evening on Gamespot!

I'm very pleased with everything from that article.

The only thing I am suspect on is the commentary. Presentation wise overall NBA 2k has always been okay, nothing amazing, and nothing that really took away from the game, but it never really added much like NFL 2k5 did, or even College Hoops. I'm hoping this year is different though, so hopefully this is a good sign.

I absolutely can't wait for that My Player mode. A draft combine, training camps, summer league and D-League. Jeez that's going to be a blast. Hopefully there is some interaction with teammates and coaching staff to go along with this thing. Example, I want to see Phil Jackson walking around at the practices and such.

The online feature that goes along with that is going to be awesome as well, still earning points to make your player better, while playing online with friends. Sweet.

Create a Draft Class should excite a lot of people, and being able to share them. How awesome is it going to be to have updated rosters throughout the entire Association process? I know there will be some busy people here, and I definitely can't wait to see that take off. Really wish there was some more information on the Association mode, so hopefully we get something more on that in the near future.

Definitely can't wait to play some cheese players online with that sprint meter, they'll be so screwed over without being able to press and run around all day. Nice addition.

Screens look pretty good, faces definitely look spot on. Player models look like they've been tweaked a little to look even better. Jerseys and some of the textures still arn't up to NBA Live standard, but I can live with it when the gameplay and overall player models look and feel more life like.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:48 AM   #147
Banned

OVR: 20
wOW!!! Very Interesting.. I Have to get me both games this Year,....
Old 08-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 7

One thing I would like to know is if the big men are 7 feet and above, will they still dominate defensively? (like Ilgauskas for example).

I really don't like the fact that guards like Jameer Nelson, CP3, and Tony Parker will miss a bunch of easy layups inside simply because they were contested by a big man.

Assuming the court spacing helps, it should clear that up a bit.

It's something that worries me because I felt small quick guards were largely ineffective going inside and were blocked left and right on any layup attempt. This made the game much more superstar/big man heavy instead of running a team point guard style.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:51 AM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 7

After viewing the live screens again, they were really good, it's hard to say which screens are better.

Looking at the lighting/skin textures on Derrick Rose, Wade, Shaq, Jermaine O'neal, and Artest, their color tones/textures are very good. I'm impressed with facial expressions and animations much more in 2k than I am in Live, certain players look great in live, others just have ridiculous angry facial expressions (like Nash, Deron Williams). I do like the muscle definition more in the Live pics, very clean, and great skin textures.

The jerseys are definitely still a problem, looking at the Shaq screen it clearly cuts through his left forearm.

Last edited by HeavenlyTouch; 08-06-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:02 AM   #150
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I dont care who's screens were better... I want 2 good freaking games this year after last years releases
Old 08-06-2009, 02:04 AM   #151
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Good point heavenly touch, I hate it when Zach Randolph comes from weak side and blocks a shot i attempted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 02:07 AM   #152
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K10 info this evening on Gamespot!

The 82Games relationship needs to be expanded upon as far as how it works. The Live DNA and how it is integrated into every part of the game is one of the main reasons i've been leaning towards 10. Basically it took the guesswork out of ratings/tendencies and after seeing 2k's guesswork last year it needed a change. I want to know if they will update according to 82games throughout the season ala Live or if the 2K Insider still has a hand in it.

Haven't read the preview yet but from owning both games last year, I felt despite its lack of animations, Live really had 2K beat in two areas that mattered to me: The ratings & tendencies from a quality source & the whole playcalling system (how they are run, 2nd/3rd options, dynamically changing depending on who is in the game, etc). 2K had Live beat in terms of player individuality and overall feel.

I want to hear more about 82games and I want to see if they've worked out a better playcall system. Those were two major areas i thought needed addressing.

Demos can't get here soon enough.

Last edited by Tha_Kid; 08-06-2009 at 02:09 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »