Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K10 info this evening on Gamespot!

I like that they really focused on cleaning up the animations, focusing the commentary on context and adding more signature styles to every player. Any extra depth to Association via My Player better be in Association, not sure I'm going to be big on My Player.

I also wish someone would elaborate on whether these player styles/teammate ratings will have some effect on 5-v-5 games, or just in My Player? They sound like a pretty brilliant way to focus career development in specific areas and separate the role players from the leaders, something 2K really struggles to do 6-10 years down the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 31
Talking Re: NBA 2K10 info this evening on Gamespot!

All sounds great. I just hope they take the play editor from CH2k8 and add it to the game.

Be nice too if we finally get good inbound plays. Plays for 10, 5,3, 1 seconds left on the clock.

Playbooks and End of Game scenarios are the biggest missing pieces to the NBA 2k game. If they take care of those....well I think I would be in heaven.

I kind of got the kid on christmas morning feeling going on already. I can't wait to get this game loaded up on my PC.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #83
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I told folks over and over that 2K had me do a list of what the people wanted in the game. Then another about what needs to be fixed.

I had to go through a lengthy thread and read EVERY Single post and pull out the ones that were reasonable and put them in my report.

They do listen, they just dont communicate much. They also do read the boards as well. So i dont contradict myself. Sometimes people miss things and maybe they missed something on the reports i gave them.
Good, so maybe the knuckle-heads around crying that their "voice isn't heard" can stop with all the dramatics. Also, people needed to realize that not ever company has EA's budget and deep-pockets, so we've have come to grips with 2K's marketing strategy (especially when they do it every year). I do apperciate the awesome "early-look" at the game, especially when their giving concrete info and not long standing "promises."

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 08-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar8311
Don't care about all these features. As long as 2K as a sim product that is "cheese-proof" online then I will be more than happy.
ur never going to get cheese proof. Maybe in 10 years, but not now.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #85
jsg
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #86
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
ur never going to get cheese proof. Maybe in 10 years, but not now.
Shot, maybe never. It is after all just a computer programmed simulation. If he wants "cheese proof," then stick to watching on TNT and ABC/ESPN, while playing on streetcourts and rec leagues.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 08-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #87
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Then there's a new rating spread, which--similar to how the developers of Madden NFL 10 extended the attribute spread among players in the game--better differentiates among the NBA's elite, good, mediocre, and Brian Scalabrine.
LOL...I wonder if Brian Scalabrine plays 2K?

Quote:
The right trigger is also used for sprinting, but because turbo has been abused in the past (especially online, where you can essentially sprint endlessly), the developers are looking to make turbo more of a commodity than ever before. As a result, when sprinting, you'll notice your turbo meter depleting more rapidly than before, and if you use up your turbo completely, your player's energy will drain dramatically if you continue to sprint.
Huge plus. People have been begging for some type of consequence for constant turbo for the longest.

Graphics didn't really impress at all though. They appear to be the same as last year which isn't necessarily a bad thing and so I'm not really disappointed with that.

Sounds like they've hit all other areas of the game though. I'm still hesitant to believe that the commentary is as good as the article states. I'm hopeful, but we'll see.

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 08-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
Good, so maybe the knuckle-heads around crying that their "voice isn't heard" can stop with all the dramatics. Also, people needed to realize that not ever company has EA's budget and deep-pockets, so we've have come to grips with 2K's marketing strategy (especially when they do it every year). I do apperciate the awesome "early-look" at the game, especially when their giving concrete info and not long standing "promises."
You are going to start see'ing other things that they are going to be doing for marketing. They are getting better with things. They share things from time to time with me and i can tell you something they are going to do soon is pretty nice and very very much needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »