Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #25
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA 2K10 info this evening on Gamespot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovartus
Ok, I'm confused. What looks so different from 2K9? Yeah I see that they added some different looks in the menus but the graphics look the same to me. Forgive me but I'm not all that excited about the new gimicky features. I want to see if the sliding is gone. I want to see if the online server actually works this year. I want to see if the AI actually rotates on defense instead of just standing around like a bunch of idiots. I want to see some physics and collision detection. (I know that's all gameplay related) I'm just not really impressed yet so the screenshots are a waste of time for me.

I can understand that they are trying to make it look like they are at different parts of the court but the players look like they aren't really standing on the court. It looks a little weird to me.

Just my opinion.
If you actually read the article and complain that everything is gimmicky then there was no chance that you were going to buy the game anyway.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovartus
Ok, I'm confused. What looks so different from 2K9? Yeah I see that they added some different looks in the menus but the graphics look the same to me. Forgive me but I'm not all that excited about the new gimicky features. I want to see if the sliding is gone. I want to see if the online server actually works this year. I want to see if the AI actually rotates on defense instead of just standing around like a bunch of idiots. I want to see some physics and collision detection. (I know that's all gameplay related) I'm just not really impressed yet so the screenshots are a waste of time for me.

I can understand that they are trying to make it look like they are at different parts of the court but the players look like they aren't really standing on the court. It looks a little weird to me.

Just my opinion.
It's a preview
Old 08-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #27
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

I just hope the use of 82games.com is better than the Insider last year.

Still waiting on videos for both games, but it sounds like 2K did add a bunch of stuff that guys have been asking for here.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #28
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Exactly! Luv Mist, Sage where are you two?
I checked in already, lol. Just finished reading and the game is sounding amazing so far. I can't wait to see what else they have up their sleeves. So far it seems like they addressed everything I had a problem with. Still have to see it in motion(gameplay), but it sounds like they've done it once again. I hope they've won me back this year. This looks like it's shaping up to be a GREAT year for hoops fans.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #29
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Covered so much... But was hoping to see something about player movement.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #30
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm happy that both games are shaping up to be better than the year before. The graphics debate is useless (everybody has their opinion) I'm glad they finally remove old animations and improving commentary. I guees it's time to go preorder.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Old 08-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #31
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

I hope that 2k didn't leave the Rockets insignia on Ron's head....
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Game looks to be coming along nicely.

Live looks better graphically in the few screens I saw, but 2k isn't bad. With the new animations it'll be better in motion anyways.

Although Live is looking nice too I'll be buying 2k again. Just too familiar with the series and they are making nice improvements

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »