Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: Let's Talk Presentation

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: Let's Talk Presentation within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 11:54 PM   #161
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Nba live 10 Presentation blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistons_own
if i ran the NBA , (i guess David Stern makes these decisions too )

i wouldn't really give a crap , seriously a game is not going to sellout unless its one of those teams that won the championship last year or trailblazers or its the playoffs , teams may "sellout" games but most people wont attend it , ex . pistons , but no one attended them and then BOOM there sellout streak ended

anyways it would be cool to have it though . thats what i hate about 2K most , for the first lik 5 mins the crowd is standing on there feet ? its like wtf .
how many teams won the championship last year?
Old 08-01-2009, 11:54 PM   #162
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

i wouldn't really give a crap
He's a successful businessman, and you're not
Old 08-02-2009, 12:01 AM   #163
Banned

Quote:

i wouldn't really give a crap , seriously a game is not going to sellout unless its one of those teams that won the championship last year or trailblazers or its the playoffs , teams may "sellout" games but most people wont attend it , ex . pistons , but no one attended them and then BOOM there sellout streak ended

anyways it would be cool to have it though . thats what i hate about 2K most , for the first lik 5 mins the crowd is standing on there feet ? its like wtf .
I agree with your last part. I can live with every crowd being at capacity in a video game, but I would at least want a minnesota-OKC game to have a more "dead" environment. You have a point with 2k, their presentation was good in the crowd department, but every game shouldn't feel like a playoff game with people waving towels, fingers etc.

I would also like to see some crowd parity in road games. I know that in NY when the Lakers play the Knicks, there's lots of Lakers/Kobe fans and you hear a lot of cheers. Same thing when they travel to other arenas with teams that are struggling...the Lakers seem to have a lot of fans in other towns. Portland might be the only exception, haha.

As for your first part, there are several teams that sell out regularly. Lakers tickets are hard to get and it's impossible to find an empty seat.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:24 AM   #164
Banned

OVR: 16

For future Presentation additions in NBA Live I'd like to see a sports center like half-time show. That shows randomly generated high lights from other games. Like while you're at half time they'll show Kobe going for 100.

I think if you're going to have story lines you have to take it to the max, and this is an example of it.

Also, would be cool if they had news during Dynasty like "New high school phenom projected to be greatest NBA player ever out of ____ high school"

Then in the next season he joins the league and your most anticipated match is against the team that drafts him.

Kinda like Mortal Kombat tournament tree and at the top is the hardest opponent.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #165
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
Also, would be cool if they had news during Dynasty like "New high school phenom projected to be greatest NBA player ever out of ____ high school"

Talk about exaggeration!

I get your point, though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #166
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
For future Presentation additions in NBA Live I'd like to see a sports center like half-time show. That shows randomly generated high lights from other games. Like while you're at half time they'll show Kobe going for 100.

I think if you're going to have story lines you have to take it to the max, and this is an example of it.

Then in the next season he joins the league and your most anticipated match is against the team that drafts him.

Kinda like Mortal Kombat tournament tree and at the top is the hardest opponent.
That's not a bad idea.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:38 AM   #167
Pro

stopper654's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I don't think the nba will allow it. I would love the feature though. It should be a given in all sports games.
Madden on last gen had dynamic attendance so why can't next gen sports game have it too
The EAGLES Are The Most Dominate Team In The NFC Beast And The Best Team In The League, I Will BLEED GREEN For The Rest Of My Life, So To Any Team Who Thinks They Can Test Us Then If You Want Some Then Come Get Some. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PSN: Stopper654
Old 08-02-2009, 01:32 AM   #168
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopper654
Madden on last gen had dynamic attendance so why can't next gen sports game have it too
Some games do... It's already been answered. NBA does not allow this. Take a look at MLB 09 The Show, they have plenty of empty seats for the not so good teams, and at blow outs.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »