Home

2K Sports Announces NBA 2K10: Draft Combine (Yahoo! Finance)

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Announces NBA 2K10: Draft Combine (Yahoo! Finance) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #201
Rookie

OVR: 9
Features of NBA 2K10: Draft Combine include:

* Building custom players by working with a mentor, the 2K Insider, and increasing their NBA stock through a variety of challenging basketball drills and 5-on-5 games.
* Over 300 different signature customizations, including player-specific shooting animations, dunk and dribble packages and more to allow each created player to have his own unique personal style.
* Ability to strengthen all parts of the created player's game with a variety of drills, such as shooting, post offense and defense, attacking the basket, dribbling, challenging shots, boxing out for rebounds and more to progress through the NBA Draft Combine.
* Organized games that will allow players to gain valuable skill points and offer a variety of specific in-game objectives that will need to be accomplished in order to gain them. At the end of each game, a full analysis will be available for gamers to review their player's performance and strategize their further improvement.
* All players created in NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will wear a special patch on their uniform throughout the rest of that player's career to denote that they have completed the NBA Draft Combine.
* Online leaderboards to track the highest ranking custom built players, and where a player stacks up against the competition.
* Opportunity to unlock special achievements on Xbox 360 and trophies for PLAYSTATION 3 system.
* Fans can take their custom built players from NBA 2K10: Draft Combine and use them in the all-new My Player career mode in NBA 2K10 launching this fall, allowing them to continue their journey of becoming an NBA legend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #202
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Yahoo Finance? Article on NBA 2k10 Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
2k9 and 2k10 look exactly the same!

2k7 looked decent, 2k8 was a minor improvement due to the better lighting and drop in crowd detail.

2k9 stole the crowd technology from CH 2k8 along with the crazy atmosphere, and it brighten the screen and added more detail to players faces. Shoes are still blurry, accessories have always looked painted on and the exact same tattoo options since 2k6.

2k series has barely improved each year, other than switching the button configuration, removing and adding animations, and changing the way it presents itself with flash.

I'm the biggest 2k guy and everyone on OS knows it, but it's really time to come with it. And Take Two still don't seem to care that NBA Series has competition and they need new technology, not just new animations and flashy download features.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it". That is the motto of majority of businesses, now if Live brings it and more people switch to Live then 2k, 2k will have to come with a new game engine, But remember they have a short development cycle., If 2k wants a new engine for 2k11 that means they would have been working on it last year, if that makes sense, U don't build a new engine from the ground up in a 1 year cycle in this case basically 10 month cycle.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 07-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #203
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
"If it ain't broke don't fix it". That is the motto of majority of businesses, now if Live brings it and more people switch to Live then 2k, 2k will have to come with a new game engine, But remember they have a short development cycle., If 2k wants a new engine for 2k11 that means they would have been working on it last year, if that makes sense, U don't build a new engine from the ground up in a 1 year cycle in this case basically 10 month cycle.
I agree and it's past due, they've known the limitations since Xbox1. Did it really take 5 (360) games for them to realize that!

Last edited by Behindshadows; 07-29-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #204
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I agree and it's past due, they've know the limitations since Xbox1. Did it really take 5 (360) games for them to realize that!
Call me a sucker cause I'm hungry for the bait. So you are saying that they need to scrap their graphics completely or do they need to invest in something to make their players pop off the screen? Used the "overhaul" post every hear but the game looks lovely my 1080p display. Please give me a breakdown of what youthink is past due?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:53 PM   #205
Banned

OVR: 36

im def. getting this game and this download now, for sure.

great job 2k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 10:09 PM   #206
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
Call me a sucker cause I'm hungry for the bait. So you are saying that they need to scrap their graphics completely or do they need to invest in something to make their players pop off the screen? Used the "overhaul" post every hear but the game looks lovely my 1080p display. Please give me a breakdown of what youthink is past due?
It's a argument I'd rather not continue, as it never changes. You say it looks great and so does everyone else. Guess I got spoiled on how much they use to change every year to how they just barely evolve since they got to 360 and PS3.

But everyone is happy with the cartoony looking graphics they have now! So it's point!

Praise them! they are doing a great job with this pointless I have to pay for feature. $5 or not, it should be included for free!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #207
Rookie

OVR: 5

The main reason why I say it is good is because you get to play with the game a little early, thats it.

http://www.freewebs.com/projectskillz/index.htm

2K ASIA is open and ready for the pacific asia to blow up.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #208
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
It's a argument I'd rather not continue, as it never changes. You say it looks great and so does everyone else. Guess I got spoiled on how much they use to change every year to how they just barely evolve since they got to 360 and PS3.

But everyone is happy with the cartoony looking graphics they have now! So it's point!

Praise them! they are doing a great job with this pointless I have to pay for feature. $5 or not, it should be included for free!
Mike Wang said they ported it from last gen to current gen. Which is awful and they just add shiny textures and animations to make up for it.

If people think 2K looks great theyre zombies.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »