Home

NCAA Football 10 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #137
Banned

OVR: 49
How does this game get a 8? This game is only 1.5 away from nfl 2k5???? There are tons of great games that get 8's, this game is a complete miss. And yes, presentation does matter. Gone are the days of the NES. If people want these kind of "fun games" buy a Atari or colleco vision!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 5
NCAA 10 is garbage gameplay sucks presentation sucks to many fumbles to many injuries the game wack cant wait for madden
Old 07-15-2009, 06:00 PM   #139
Banned

OVR: 11
Don't hold your breath for Madden.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:04 PM   #140
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 10 Review

Quote:
You are no longer the coach. You never were the AD. You can go elsewhere -- Road to Glory -- to be the player.

Dynasty mode is suffering from an identity crisis.
Great comment here, couldn't agree more.

Great, indepth review. Although, if I can be a stickler, you could cut out all of the analogies ... other game reviewers (IGN, TXB, etc) do it, but that's because they simply can't write.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #141
MVP

OVR: 37

The game is fair.... it's a solid C or C+. Basically it's a game we have played year after year with a few upgrades. It's the best on next gen and probably 6.5-7 is a fair rating. The sad thing is I ranked ncaa 06 like a 9.5. How the mighy have fallen...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 6

the gameplay isnt better than APF 2k8 IMO. NCAA 10 gameplay must be better than any EA football game ever put out but its no way near better than IMO the best football simulation on next gen(APF 2k8 by the way)

i agree with some you that the tone of the review doesnt warrant a 8.

EASY, BREEZY, BEAUTIFUL, COVERGIRL
Old 07-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #143
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

The main problem here is that the standard is NCAA 2009. If it marginally improves over the previous version, than the game is going to get AT LEAST an 8. The same was true for NCAA 09 and 08.

Is gameplay really where it needs to be? IMO, absolutely not. They seriously need to make an effort to overhaul lineplay, they seriously need to make an effort to implement a realistic physics and footplanting system, they seriously need to put the blocking schemes of the flexbone and spread option in the game, they seriously need to implement proper run defense (instead of the "break block/don't break block" system they have now). I think you get the point.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 07-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #144
Banned

OVR: 11
Who cares what the standard is?

That is the dumbest comment I have heard in awhile.

MLB 2k9 sucks. So, if 2k10 is marginally better it deserves at least an 8 cuz the last version sucked so bad?

That's the dumbest reasoning ever heard.

What happened to scoring games based on realism? That it is supposed to be a representation of actual college football?

To say it deserves an 8 because it improved on 09 is garbage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »