Home

NCAA Football 10 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #113
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 10 Review

I am also stunned at how bad the stadium chants are. They really do sound like something from a PS1 game published in 1996 before developers knew what they were doing with that new-fangled CD technology. Somebody should ask them what they were thinking, I would really like to know.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #114
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

To give the game an 8 or higher is, in my opinion, ludicrous. That's essentially grading the game as a "B" which would be above average.

I'm sorry, but after playing it, I would hardly rate this game as above average. It is SORELY pedestrian. While the gameplay may be the best we've seen on next-gen, that's hardly saying much. There are still an abundance of animation and gameplay flaws that can hardly be "forgiven" for the few tweaks they added this year. Graphically, the game is a step back (at least on the PS3). Which for the life of me I can't understand seeing as how they copied nearly everything from last year, they couldn't just copy the graphics? Or did they make them worse so they'll look that much better next year?

Teambuilder was something I was sorely missing for the past 3 years, but I would have rather waited longer for it and had EA actually make a decent game first. It just isn't worth using when the game itself is so trite.

If anyone is on the fence about buying, I highly recommend just renting and not buying. This game does not warrant $60, and certainly not given to a group that is clearly not interested in improving the game, but content to sit on gimmicks and watch the green roll in.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #115
Banned

OVR: 11
What essentially is the main difference between college football and the NFL?

The emotion. The experience. The atmosphere.

So, how the hell can EA market a college football game in 2010 without anyone of these things done good? It's a joke if you ask me.

Seriously? It's sad and pathetic but not surprising considering EA has thousands of sheep that will buy their crap products.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #116
MVP

OVR: 17

i'm gonna pass this year. i may buy madden...thx fellas....
Old 07-14-2009, 07:44 PM   #117
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Yea, but its not.. the game is clearly mediocre, with the exception of gameplay.

Edit: bad typo
Isn't that kinda like saying a restaurant is mediocre, except for the food?
Old 07-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #118
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5

an 8 cmon OS are yall gonna pi$$ in the air like that on us . outta all these sites i thought you guys would be honest , um um man thats coldblooded the game is broken and gets a 8 is OS working with EA cmon now
Old 07-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #119
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDeuce
I am also stunned at how bad the stadium chants are. They really do sound like something from a PS1 game published in 1996 before developers knew what they were doing with that new-fangled CD technology. Somebody should ask them what they were thinking, I would really like to know.
Adam actually apologized in one thread. He said they had a bunch of high school kids out to a field to record it and only half the kids came out due to finals so they didn't sound good. Whatever the reason, they sounded terrible in the demo and they would have been better off not using them. Instead, they the defense chant is embarrassingly awful.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Isn't that kinda like saying a restaurant is mediocre, except for the food?

Yea except the restaurant now serves cooked burgers and we have to sit on chairs made of broken glass

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »