Home

NCAA Football 10 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #89
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 10 Review

Well written review. But is your scale from 5 to 10 or from 1 to 10?
Old 07-14-2009, 12:48 PM   #90
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
I understand what you guys are saying about the score, but just keep this in mind: everyone rates games differently. Also, another very important thing to consider is that we typically put a lot more weight into gameplay than other sites do, while still giving presentation an important part of the game. I explained it pretty well earlier I think when I said the game would've been a 9 or 9.5 with excellent presentation and would've been in the 5 to 6 range if the gameplay was unbalanced and "broken" like last year. The mixture of very good gameplay, bad presentation, and stale (but functional features) would lead you to a conclusion that the game is anywhere from a 7 to 8 on our scale -- which is 1 to 10. You have to look at each game individually, but you also have to keep previous iterations and other games in mind when rating games to keep consistency on the scale, or it doesn't work. With all of the above in mind, the game is a solid 8 on OS's scale. Hope that clears a few things up
Old 07-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #91
Pro

OVR: 60
Thanks for the review, 100x better than IGN's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #92
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
I understand what you guys are saying about the score, but just keep this in mind: everyone rates games differently. Also, another very important thing to consider is that we typically put a lot more weight into gameplay than other sites do, while still giving presentation an important part of the game. I explained it pretty well earlier I think when I said the game would've been a 9 or 9.5 with excellent presentation and would've been in the 5 to 6 range if the gameplay was unbalanced and "broken" like last year. The mixture of very good gameplay, bad presentation, and stale (but functional features) would lead you to a conclusion that the game is anywhere from a 7 to 8 on our scale -- which is 1 to 10. You have to look at each game individually, but you also have to keep previous iterations and other games in mind when rating games to keep consistency on the scale, or it doesn't work. With all of the above in mind, the game is a solid 8 on OS's scale. Hope that clears a few things up
I have felt that OS reviews of NCAA football have been inflated in the past, especially NCAA 2009. So given that NCAA 2009 was rated pretty high for what it was, you have painted yourself in the corner based on what you said about the last iterations.

Just from my perspective, I would really have to ding EA. You are reviewing an unpatched copy. Broken sliders, incorrect rosters, and non-existant presentation along with the other negatives, leaves me to believe that if the game got an 8, then the on-field gameplay must be nearly flawless. I hope you are right, I'll be picking it up this week.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #93
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
Very good review. It is very detailed and honest. He gave compliments and complaints equally. I think I will buy this after all, now all I have to do is wait for the Sliders patch to be released to make sure it doesn't break anything else.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #94
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

I have only one thing to say about this game....PASS!! I am so glad i didnt cave and get the game last week. I held out last year and I most certainly will hold out this year
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 2

It seemed like a good and fair review. The lack of presentation and problems with dynasty mode worry me but I'm sure I can over look them. Anyway, I haven't bought one in a couple years so I'll be looking forward to getting this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #96
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

yeah pass as well...just not enough improvement for me to get it. maybe if the sliders were working right away, not around when the madden demo will be out. first time i've been more excited for madden than ncaa. unless it drastically improves next year (especially physics / player control / suction animation), i'm done with ncaa for awhile.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »