Home

Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

This is a discussion on Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #161
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
HBCUs are a part of ESPN. They are shown regularly on ESPN U and there is one Classic that is shown on ESPN pretty much every year (the SWAC/MEAC classic i believe). In fact this year it's Grambling St. vs. South Carolina St. on the 6th of Sept. this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #162
Rookie

Wjkporter's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

May 1992 - Grambling St. O' Grambling dear Grambling....
Old 07-14-2009, 12:36 AM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 5
first of all while I humbly respect your opinion, not just HBCU's were left out of NCAA 10 ALL Non -FBS schools were left off and only on the next gen not the old gen. second I said they watch and draft meaning that every year there are more HBCU players getting FA deals than drafted b/c teams know that a player from a HBCU or ANY small school for that matter will not get the big agent or start off demanding the "prim a Donna" treatment. do you realize that in 2008 or 9 Hampton University had more players (5) invited to the National Scouting Combine in Indy than the "U" (Univ of Miami) teams know that they can get small school players for "cheap". finally let me give you a quick story on a very successful NFL player. There was this guy who once held the single season sack record for both 1A and 1AA. during the offseason the Browns told him that he was their guy, they sent him all kinda "swag" and when the draft rolled around they missed out on this multi- probowl player. instead the Colts picked him up in the 6th round I think and he soon became a starter and Superbowl winner. The Browns figured that they could just sign him to an FA deal and get him for cheap. needless to say that the plan backfired. The players name was Robert Mathis.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:38 AM   #164
Rookie

OVR: 5
amend: from Alabama A&M
Old 07-14-2009, 09:00 AM   #165
Rookie

OVR: 2
Well, I will say one thing about the gameplay. They have the ball physics down. NCAA can't even make the ball spin in the correct direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #166
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

I might actually give this game a shot when it comes down in price. It looks pretty cool. Is there something like a story mode associated with it?

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 07-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 7
sneezor01....

perhaps you have missed my point there is no argument that there is talent at HBCU's. the point is that i is a niche market to be catered to. HBCU's by definition are a niche

From webster niche, a specialized market

i would say schools that HISTORICALLY were the only place that Blacks could get an education is special and these schools while admitting everyone still honor the history of those times

and economics 101

"niche market is the subset of the market on which a specific product is focusing on; Therefore the market niche defines the specific product features aimed at satisfying specific market needs,"

to wit the market would be the FBS II schools eliminated from NCAA the sub market are the HBCU's

to give maybe a less startling example say they made a football game about just he Milliary fooball schools experience Army, Navy and air force. and say it had mini games that you had to do drills like practice hand o hand combat or obstacle course or do push ups if you make a bad play LOL. but i hope i made the analogy clear

Or if they had a christian football experience for catholic schools and you had to like sing psalms at halftime. ok that one was kind of silly but you get he drift. any subculture of a culture is a niche buy definition.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #168
Rookie

OVR: 8
Well i'll just add my two cents...I've read every single page and there were some very good posts from everyone...while i wont get too much into what my feelings are about race, i read one of the posts that said something to the effect that why is there a black guy on the cover blah blah blah (paraphrasing), but you do realize that is Doug Williams when he was at Grambling right?

Anyway, I will support this game, for one, the price is 30 bucks i think. That is a very fair price for a first time developer. I think the graphics are ok and their presentation really seems to be on point. I think they got most if not all of the stadiums right on the first try. How many years did it take EA to do that? Now I know EA does a lot more teams than this developer, but they also have a bigger budget too so....

I was looking at the simple eye candy things that no one seems to be talking about...like TRUE field degradation. The jerseys acutally had mud on them and not some blotches or spots that are supposed to represent mud. Also, in the clip where they show the New Orleans Superdome for the Bayou Classic, that seemed almost perfect. The flashing cameras and everything. Thats really how that game is in real life...

I think the player models are also pretty decent. OL look like OL and not beefed up DBs...The tackle animations look pretty good as well...keep in mind this is their first Football game folks...the halftime show is on point. Now if there was a feature to brag on, this would be one. And lastly, the Legacy Museum looks like it could have some big potential...

so instead of focusing on what the name of the game is, i will just focus on another option of college fb to play. Who knows, maybe if things go well with them, they can start to develop some really interesting football games.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »