Home

Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

This is a discussion on Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #137
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strickzilla
So when people say "wheres the white college football game" Its EA sports NCAA.
Exactly.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #138
Pro

OVR: 50
Not to be a *****, but the gameplay looks horrible and it looks like it is made for the PS2. Plus, the game is going to be released soon so there is no hope for improvements. Before you say anything about me or the game, you should see the trailer and focus directly on the gameplay and the graphics.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #139
Banned

OVR: 7
as a former student of Central State University in OH, ill definitly rent it. i wonder if Central State is in the game?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #140
Banned

OVR: 7
ok people heres how things work in america. the more previlage people always have to take it. like with taxes, the more you make the more you pay. and you notice thats its ok for poor people to talk about rich people but its just wrong for rich people to talk down about poor people. you get where im going with this. thats just how its always been. cause no matter how bad we talk about more previlage people, they will always have it better.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #141
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Black College Football - The Experience: What's Behind the Name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pike
Because the article WAS ABOUT THE NAME OF THIS GAME AND THE FACT THAT IT IS CONTROVERSIAL! And I didn't start the crap, rockchisler did that with calling someone inbred, and myself uneducated.

You and YOUR little buddies have made it clear that double standard and hypocrisy are also alive and well. And for what? Because of the crimes committed against blacks well before you were likely born?

I agree Noble, this does need to be locked, because it is about to get a lot uglier around here.
They still have hate crimes against other races all the time... the KKK still exists and the affect of injustice 3 decades ago still affects the world today... The issue of race should not be brought at OS the article failed in its attempt to bring understanding between groups because at the end of the day some people's scope on things wont change. Here is something everyone should remember the things you do today effects everyones tomorrow... so if its 500 years of 2 hours ago every action has a consequence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #142
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
Maybe I'm idealistic but racism is getting better. It obviously is still a hot topic but in my short lifetime (35 years) I have seen it fade greatly. One easy measuring stick for this is being a "Black QB" in the NFL is now just a QB and it seems stupid to think otherwise.

I have two sons... 16 and 2... and I can see that all this racist back and forth should be completely dead by the time they grow up. Just imagine... my 2 year old will not know a world that did not include a black President. That's got to be a good start for his generation. Heck my older son's first girlfriend was black. Yes I'm not proud to say my grandfather would have flipped out had he been alive to see it but I did not bat an eye the first time she came over.

Here's the point. From a white guy looking forward. "Historically Black" Colleges are proud of what they have provided the black community in the past. Hence the fact they still state they are "Historically Black". I say great for them... but the time will come and soon I hope they realize they should just be a college. Keep your history and be proud of it... but move forward.

As for the title of the game. I feel the same way about it that I do the colleges using the term. It's fine now but I hope in the near future it's dropped. Not because it's a racist statement to be "Historically Black" but because it's OLD history now.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #143
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Last warning...if it has nothing to do with the game...its should not be discussed. The state of race or racism in the world has nothing to do with the game.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #144
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
as a former student of Central State University in OH, ill definitly rent it. i wonder if Central State is in the game?
I to am a graduate of Central state class of 99 but No CSU in the game.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »