Home

Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

This is a discussion on Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #129
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34
Re: Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pike
Because the article WAS ABOUT THE NAME OF THIS GAME AND THE FACT THAT IT IS CONTROVERSIAL! And I didn't start the crap, rockchisler did that with calling someone inbred, and myself uneducated.

You and YOUR little buddies have made it clear that double standard and hypocrisy are also alive and well. And for what? Because of the crimes committed against blacks well before you were likely born?

I agree Noble, this does need to be locked, because it is about to get a lot uglier around here.

The article didn't tell you to start talking about about the ignorance you brought up. That was all you and the rest of the people that have a big problem with this game.

Yes, double standards exist. Who's fault is that? Not black folks. And I must've missed that memo where racism was completely, 100% eradicated.

The ignorance and arrogance is loud in here. Black people can't even make their own videogame now.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #130
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdog
You send him another email and your banned. You troll this thread anymore and your banned. You made your point and yet you continue to troll and take this thread in a very bad direction. Leave it now.
When did having an opposing viewpoint become trolling? I never called anyone inbred or stupid here. Rockchisler questioned my education twice in this thread, and I chose to respond privately instead of publicly. Where is his public warning about insulting others?

I'm sorry I debated my side of the argument ad nauseum (granted), but it is hard not to respond when I'm being quoted left and right, and being labeled as uneducated, and essentially racist. That isn't trolling, it's debate. Debates aren't always pretty, especially concerning an issue like this.

In any case, if you don't want me to respond further that is fair enough, it is certainly true that I've had my say. But I'd also appreciate if you'd also have folks stop quoting me, poking me for a response.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #131
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
When did having an opposing viewpoint become trolling? I never called anyone inbred or stupid here. Rockchisler questioned my education twice in this thread, and I chose to respond privately instead of publicly. Where is his public warning about insulting others?

I'm sorry I debated my side of the argument ad nauseum (granted), but it is hard not to respond when I'm being quoted left and right, and being labeled as uneducated, and essentially racist. That isn't trolling, it's debate. Debates aren't always pretty, especially concerning an issue like this.

In any case, if you don't want me to respond further that is fair enough, it is certainly true that I've had my say. But I'd also appreciate if you'd also have folks stop quoting me, poking me for a response.
The victim role in full usage here lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #132

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

When you began insulting other members. Leave it alone, and others will leave you alone. And if they don't, then we will take care of that.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 4

The game actually looks decent, though I probably won't pick it up because NCAA and Madden will take up enough of my game playing time.

I really don't care for the title though - not because I think it's racist, but because they're really only marketing the game to black people. Obviously this article was informative and explained what the game is all about, but for the average person that doesn't read OS and sees this game in the store - especially if they aren't black - it's probably not going to generate any interest for them to want to buy it. Am I wrong?

Anyway, I will wait to see some impressions of this game and if I like what I see, I may rent it. But, I have a hard time getting into any sports games that don't have a dynasty option.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #134
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Until now I wasn't aware there was any sort of controversy surrounding this game, nor do I see the reason for it-the meaning of the title should be obvious to anyone who knows anything about the sport of cfb.

Having said that, I'm going to pass. I have zero interest in the subject matter.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #135
Rookie

aimiami's Arena

OVR: 21
people who have ps3
its doesnt look that good so dwai
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 7
i think what a lot of people that feel its racist and ask where the "white" version is fail to realize the biggest (and most powerful) demographic in America is white males 18-49 (in the last census over 70% of the US identified themselves as "white"). and someone can correct me if im wrong. now as a business it makes sense to market to the biggest segment of the population.

So when EA, Sony, or Microsoft makes a game they makes it for the largest demographic, being white males (especially if were talking video games). Now some companies choose to go for a niche market because they feel they that a specific segment (nice market) can be profitable, for example when disney makes a Hanna Montana movie, they are clearly not going after white males 18-49. they are marketing to female teens.

So this game has done just that. it has found a segment of the population that was being ignored and made a product for it. So when people say "wheres the white college football game" Its EA sports NCAA.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »