Home

Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

This is a discussion on Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #121
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

Dude keep my name out your mouth and stop emailing me.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #122
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37
I think that I may actually try this game out.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #123

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

How about we talk about the article and the game, and not each other.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #124
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
First off, none of this would be happening if EA didn't take out FCS football. Second, how did a subject like a videogame make you go off on a rant about the double standards in this country about race? That right there tells me where your agenda is. You were salivating to get your chops into what this thread has become. You wanted this. You couldn't care less about the damn game. That is why you getting piled on. And your defense is to play the victim role.

You and your little buddies made your points loud and clear. You got your opinion out. Yet, you and the same other people keep coming back. And I am highly surprised and somewhat upset that this thread continues on with the same people with the same ignorant thoughts. I lost some respect for OS.

EDIT: MLK didn't die for people of color so they live better today. MLK was killed in cold blood. His death didn't cause the ground to shake and all of sudden, everyone was in harmony.

Also, the all-white college strawman is tired. It makes no sense whatsoever. Whites were never excluded from any and all schools in America.

Plain and simple, you have a beef with HBCUs or the makers of this game...take it up with them. Write a letter. E-mail them. Meanwhile, this thread deals with the videogame. Let's keep it on that topic instead of this agenda-driven mess.
Hey P2K we finally agree on something

good post
Old 07-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #125
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Dude keep my name out your mouth and stop emailing me.
Stop with the f'ing insults little man, and you won't have to worry about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #126
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
First off, none of this would be happening if EA didn't take out FCS football. Second, how did a subject like a videogame make you go off on a rant about the double standards in this country about race? That right there tells me where your agenda is. You were salivating to get your chops into what this thread has become. You wanted this. You couldn't care less about the damn game. That is why you getting piled on. And your defense is to play the victim role.

You and your little buddies made your points loud and clear. You got your opinion out. Yet, you and the same other people keep coming back. And I am highly surprised and somewhat upset that this thread continues on with the same people with the same ignorant thoughts. I lost some respect for OS.

EDIT: MLK didn't die for people of color so they live better today. MLK was killed in cold blood. His death didn't cause the ground to shake and all of sudden, everyone was in harmony.

Also, the all-white college strawman is tired. It makes no sense whatsoever. Whites were never excluded from any and all schools in America.

Plain and simple, you have a beef with HBCUs or the makers of this game...take it up with them. Write a letter. E-mail them. Meanwhile, this thread deals with the videogame. Let's keep it on that topic instead of this agenda-driven mess.
Because the article WAS ABOUT THE NAME OF THIS GAME AND THE FACT THAT IT IS CONTROVERSIAL! And I didn't start the crap, rockchisler did that with calling someone inbred, and myself uneducated.

You and YOUR little buddies have made it clear that double standard and hypocrisy are also alive and well. And for what? Because of the crimes committed against blacks well before you were likely born?

I agree Noble, this does need to be locked, because it is about to get a lot uglier around here.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 0

The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, defines an HBCU as: ...any historically black college or university that was established prior to 1964, whose principal mission was, and is, the education of black Americans, and that is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association determined by the Secretary [of Education] to be a reliable authority as to the quality of training offered or is, according to such an agency or association, making reasonable progress toward accreditation.

I believe what some members are trying to say is that of the title within in the name. Black College Football. If the name of the game was just HBCU Football, I still believe that there would be the same controversy. To designate a game based on race, to some, is racist-prejudice. However if we dig deeper into the fabric behind of what people are thinking. It goes back to the fact that here in America we still are split in our views on each other as people. So to that point no matter what a game is titled, if the name states that it represents one race over another...

...its deemed to be reverse racism, racism only goes one way...

A poster used Notre Dame as an example...It is to everyone's understanding that when one turns on the tube on saturday mornings to watch college football, what WE normally ALL see are players of color, playing for a quote-unquote Historically White College University. If one happens to go to the actual campus after the game, they will see an underwhelimg amount of black students around campus. Those such students don't represent an alarming number displayed on its athletic fields of play.

As intelligent people we can't subjugate our thinking into not understanding the plight of all minorities in America since its independence from England circa 1776. It is with this history of hardships amongst ALL of its citizens is why we still can't understand why some feel it necessary to celebrate its history into a video game without claiming racism. It has nothing to do with sex, race, color, creed, religion and or sexual preference. It is nationally recognized by the Secretary of Education as being a HBCU, which in turn warrants the relativity of the title.

Don't argue semantics over something that has nothing to do with an actual video game.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:01 PM   #128
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pike
Stop with the f'ing insults little man, and you won't have to worry about it.
You send him another email and your banned. You troll this thread anymore and your banned. You made your point and yet you continue to troll and take this thread in a very bad direction. Leave it now.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »