Home

Five Tennis Games You Should Have Played

This is a discussion on Five Tennis Games You Should Have Played within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #25
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Five Tennis Games You Should Have Played

Capriati Tennis is #1 in my book, I still play that game religiously to this day on SEGA emu.

The gameplay is awesome and I loved how each surface actually played diff...game was way ahead of it's time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 47
Is there going to be a Top spin 4? I really like 3 and can't find anything about 4?
Old 07-10-2009, 12:36 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

No word on Top Spin 4 yet.

If it is in development, it probably won't come out this year since we just passed the best time of the year to release a tennis game.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:42 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
No word on Top Spin 4 yet.

If it is in development, it probably won't come out this year since we just passed the best time of the year to release a tennis game.
Yeah I thought that too, maybe they axed the game.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:47 AM   #29
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10
bfindeisen- i'll take your word for it because I haven't played it yet but its just seems like they would have a way to control your movement in the game. Can you play the game with a gamepad?

And I strongly recommend that you guys that like Jennifer Capriati Tennis try out Final Match Tennis for the turbo grafx 16. I think its perhaps the best tennis game ever made. It plays a lot like JCT but all of JCT's shortcommings are fixed in FMT like that weak net game in JCT. You don't see as many aces in FMT, which is something I loved about JCT, its so much fun acing human players in that game, but FMT is better in every other way. Its such a great game. I think there are a few emulators floating around the net that will run the game. Its worth the effort...
Old 07-10-2009, 08:01 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillRoy
bfindeisen- i'll take your word for it because I haven't played it yet but its just seems like they would have a way to control your movement in the game. Can you play the game with a gamepad?

And I strongly recommend that you guys that like Jennifer Capriati Tennis try out Final Match Tennis for the turbo grafx 16. I think its perhaps the best tennis game ever made. It plays a lot like JCT but all of JCT's shortcommings are fixed in FMT like that weak net game in JCT. You don't see as many aces in FMT, which is something I loved about JCT, its so much fun acing human players in that game, but FMT is better in every other way. Its such a great game. I think there are a few emulators floating around the net that will run the game. Its worth the effort...

I checked a couple vids on youtube and it looks like a solid game.
As soon as i get a controller for my pc, Im gonna give it a try. I absolutely love a good tennis game, and there arent enough out there.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #31
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

After you pick up a PC gamepad, if you get a chance, also check out Dream Match Tennis. Its like a tennis simulation. There is a demo available so you can try it out for free. To me the best tennis game would be a game that has Tops Spin's graphics but plays like Dream Match Tennis or Final Match Tennis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0
Agreed. This is without a doubt the best tennis game ever made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »