Home

Five Tennis Games You Should Have Played

This is a discussion on Five Tennis Games You Should Have Played within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
C'mon people, let's be serious here. Wii Tennis? Really? By tennis standards, this game is poo. You can only play doubles, and you can't control your player. All you do is swing. Fun game, yes. But definitely not one of the must-play tennis games. And certainly not appropriate for this list.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:55 AM   #18
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10
Sorry Jayson, this list is bogus! The best tennis games are--

Jennifer Capriati Tennis (also known as grand slam tennis) for the sega genesis -- its great to see all the JCT fans in here! Its such a great game! The game also had male players. Most people think all it had was female players because of the name.

Final Match Tennis for the turbo grafx 16 -- Even though JCT is a great game, Final Match Tennis is better. I think its probably the best tennis game ever made.

Dream Match Tennis for the PC -- this game came out a few years ago and has received little to no attention but it is an extremely good tennis game. The player animations kind of suck for a game in this day and age but it plays so well that you soon forget about this.

The fact is- Top Spin and Virtua Tennis are really not that good. I haven't played Wii Tennis or the new EA tennis game yet but they look too unrealistic to me.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:28 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 22
Super Tennis on the SNES and Virtua Tennis 2...awesome games.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #20
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Five Tennis Games You Should Have Played

I played Sega tennis 2k2 and Top Spin 3 from the list. To me Top Spin 3 was dissapointing. There was no volley game... and the game felt sluggish. Im hoping that grandslam tennis 360/PS3 will provide better gameplay.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #21
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11
Sorry Paultix, but I couldn't disagree more. If anything, Wi Sports Tennis makes players feel a little more immersed in the game. Also, it has the potential to lead more casual fans of tennis to get a taste and perhaps eventually want to play other tennis games with more depth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #22
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10
bfindeisen- I haven't played Wii Tennis yet but why would the game immerse people if you can't even move your player? What if I want to serve and volley or move up and take the ball early etc...etc..? What if I want to play singles.... I wouldn't want to play a game that doesn't allow me to do these things. But the reason people are bringing up the old classic game Jennifer Capriati Tennis is because it plays like real tennis. These games like virtua tennis and top spin are fun but they don't simulate the sport worth a damn.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #23
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11
KillRoy - I don't think you are understanding the concept of immersion very well then. Isn't the idea to make a player "feel" like they are present in that time and place, physically participating in the game/event/whatever? I obv agree that it is very limited in what the user controls...but my point is that it gets you feeling like your really physically playing tennis because of the controller feeling like a racquet in your hands and your constantly moving and swinging your arms as in real tennis. This is a very unique aspect that no other tennis game to my knowledge (besides the new GS Tennis) incorporates. I think that in itself warrants a place on this list.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Five Tennis Games You Should Have Played

Wii tennis should be up there, but it's still not as good as Capriati tennis. Im still hoping we'll be able to download genesis games on the wii, so capriati Tennis will become available.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »