Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: New Faces, New DNA

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: New Faces, New DNA within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-06-2009, 09:56 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 10 Blog: New Faces, New DNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
EA has said it will never produce sports PC games again.

NBA 2K is for PC and has next-gen graphics.

You can play with Jordan and the 96 Bulls, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhSwUbS2jW8
No, they haven't said that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4thQ
No, they haven't said that.
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/04/pe...ports-pc-snub/

Yes, they have said that.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:29 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
It doesn't say they'll never make sports games for PC again they are trying to think of different ways of developing a PC version as so it isn't stolen by illegal downloads and to find cheaper development costs.

Games are getting to the stage of being too large to download by the time you get it you might as well buy it you'd most likely have it sooner too.

People probably were also not wanting to buy it when it was still a current gen port not a next gen port.

I know for a fact if Live 07-10 were all next gen ports for PC I'd buy them instead of buying a PS3 to get the experience of next gen quality. If EA suits were smarter about this and decided to now compete in a PC market competition with 2K, they'd talk to Admins and Mods at say NBA Live Series Center and get us staff to help out in anyway possible. Other EA games like Command & Conquer still get full PC support from EA with world builder tools and release several game patch fixes, why not do the same with PC for Live as we can modify the game to a degree consoles can't we can create those legends teams EA can't because of player union contracts and we can create other game modes to keep the game fresh. NBA Live 03-06 were great fun to modify especially when we had the tools to do what amazing things we could do. The PC market has been forced into buying consoles and not always because we want to.

Until it is realised the capabilities PC has over console we will continue to be ignored for now. Thats my 2 cents worth.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:35 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 3

To any producer

Since Live put DNA in the game does the 75 ratings per player still exist in Live 10 and if it do will these ratings have a effect on the players in Live?

For instance will LBJ have a quicker first step than most or will D. Wade be able to score with contact more than most?
Old 07-07-2009, 06:52 AM   #85
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

mharlem the 75 ratings were used last year so I am sure they are the same this year.

The DNA is more of a tendency rating like a players percentage to drive vs spot up and shoot. The ratings have no effect on the DNA to my knowledge.

The DNA comes from a players real life play so, the stats that the blog showed on Griffin are a product of how he plays in real life.

And LBJ should have a quicker step than most because his rating is really high in that area and D. Wade should be great at that too.

Live actually has ratings for both of the things you mentioned. We just have to hope that this year the gameplay will show even more of a distinction between players who have higher ratings in these categories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 07:50 AM   #86
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
mharlem the 75 ratings were used last year so I am sure they are the same this year.

The DNA is more of a tendency rating like a players percentage to drive vs spot up and shoot. The ratings have no effect on the DNA to my knowledge.

The DNA comes from a players real life play so, the stats that the blog showed on Griffin are a product of how he plays in real life.

And LBJ should have a quicker step than most because his rating is really high in that area and D. Wade should be great at that too.

Live actually has ratings for both of the things you mentioned. We just have to hope that this year the gameplay will show even more of a distinction between players who have higher ratings in these categories.
Distinction between players in those categories and making it really show is what these b-ball games really need. I feel like superstars is the same and the onlything that makes them different is the animation package they assign to them, 2k is really guilty of this.

If Live rating system really have a impact on how players play, I think Live could be something speacial because I feel that it take more than animations to seperate Kobe from Lebron and so on.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 12
Yo mharlem I agree with you. I was saying that same thing on another website. Everybody feels the same and everybody has the same crossover speed. I hope they fix that cause wade,d.williams can cross their defender and blow by them with no problem. They said that they were changing the whole rating system and i hope that that gets reworked also cause everybody don't have the same crossover speed.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #88
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

One of the things that I think will make Live great is all the ratings it has. In takes into account a lot of different factors. Once Live's animations are able to catch up with its different ratings we are really going to be able to see the difference between each player.

Especially when it comes to defensive players like CP3 and Artest who are both great defenders imo but for different reasons. With the ratings live has you will be able to see the distinction between great team defenders and 101 defenders which is something I don't think any game has truly replicated.

I think in Live we will be able to see how much of an impact these players make in games. An Artest like defender will make life hard for teams who rely on one great player because he can really make them work to get their points. While a CP3 like defender will cause havoc because he will make just executing and running your offense difficult because of his ability to get on ball steals and get in the passing lanes.

Here's a list of all the ratings Live uses:

http://sports.ign.com/nbalive07/newjersey.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »