Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: New Faces, New DNA

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: New Faces, New DNA within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #49
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA Live 10 Blog: New Faces, New DNA

when the ratings get reworked i hope you guys focus on the intangibles..........

i re-edited my league for my chise and i was shocked at how editing brings out animations.

for example: defensive & offensive sink & swim ratings i dont know why it was so low but when raised you see guys battling for position

another rating offensive rebounding IQ raise this and you will see bigs crash the boards instead of breaking out on a one man break i dont know why most players have low ratings in these.

i have never cared for overall ratings I would like to see ratings show that players are good at what they do....

tyrone hill a vet back in the 76ers AI years is a dude I want to see live capture and i have captured it in my cpoy just a hard working physical enforcer on the glass, hard screens, hard fouls , no free layups. etc etc

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #50
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Very common misconception. If you buy the game used, yes, you'll have to pay for it.
my only problem with the code is that i have more than one profile.. and dont really want to b forced to buy a new one..but i understand why you wud have to buy a new one if u didnt get the game new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter
Old 07-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #51
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: New NBA LIVE 10 Inside Blog post : New Faces, New DNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Oh yah,Jose can't dunk...

Thats right Jose can dunk.. so therefore the DNA wasn't wrong he was, it wasnt like jose dunked every play in live 09.

I never had a problem with Jose dunking in live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2009, 10:30 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 5

Hey Steph or anyone else who can answer this .... when the DNA updates through out the season do i have to quit my Franchise to get the latest updates?..or will the DNA update during my Franchise as well? i hated starting over whenever there was a trade or something new developed
Old 07-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #53
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmark
Hey Steph or anyone else who can answer this .... when the DNA updates through out the season do i have to quit my Franchise to get the latest updates?..or will the DNA update during my Franchise as well? i hated starting over whenever there was a trade or something new developed
I don't get how this would work. You don't want to have trades happen during your franchise? Let's say someone like Dwight Howard gets traded to the kings (just an example) and you are controlling the magic, but you already traded him to another team. What would happen?
Old 07-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #54
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
Thats right Jose can dunk.. so therefore the DNA wasn't wrong he was, it wasnt like jose dunked every play in live 09.

I never had a problem with Jose dunking in live
Jose dunked twice last year....both very soft dunks as well. The 3 prior seasons with the Raptors he never dunked once and that last clip is when Jose was much yonger. When Live 09 first came out Jose would dunk waaaaaaay to much. Then, Steph went in and fixed in a manual roster update.

Last edited by Mintsa; 07-05-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:05 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
I don't get how this would work. You don't want to have trades happen during your franchise? Let's say someone like Dwight Howard gets traded to the kings (just an example) and you are controlling the magic, but you already traded him to another team. What would happen?
I think the only way it could be done is to have a "DNA Franchise" option...

You would play your franchise mode as normal. But trades and all that stuff are turned off.

You're franchise simply follows the daily DNA updates.

I know it has it's short comings but I think it would add a bit of continuity that exhibition games just can't give you.

I for one would love the challenge of having to deal with the trades and form slumps that inevitably arise. Mainly because it reflects real life and is not just a made up scenario.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 01:09 AM   #56
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

What if you were to use that "DNA Franchise" option, and simulated like 2 years forward? Shaq has retired in your game, but maybe not in real life and he got traded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »