Home

Improving The Franchise Mode in NBA 2K

This is a discussion on Improving The Franchise Mode in NBA 2K within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #33
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Improving The Franchise Mode in NBA 2K

I'd like the user to be on the same playing field as the cpu when it comes to signing free agents.

What I mean by this is that when you try and sign anyone on the free agent list, and the interest bar is below or near 70-75%, the user's contract offer gets immediately rejected. But when you view the offers other teams give that same player, the interest bar for the CPU is sometimes at 50% or 25%, and the player will accept the deal. Watching the CPU sign someone for half of what you are offering and at a worse role kinda sucks.

Last edited by Kully; 07-03-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Honestly I really couldn't disagree more with all you guys who are saying Association Mode is stale. That's what's gotten me attached to NBA 2K is the franchise. It's the best I've ever played. And I think whoever says Live 08's Dynasty is better must be smoking. The salary cap system is perfect so you can always improve your team versus in NBA Live, where players would always ask for 60 million and be impossible to sign. I love the system of working out your draft prospects, the trading system works well, I love development drills, managing the morale and rotation is challenging yet fun ... I think everything is great. Sure, it can be improved on, but I'd rather them not change it drastically and mess up a good thing.

But I'm not complaining on them looking to improve it. I think things that can be improved on are:

-The free agent concerns people have, although I think 2K's free agent system is the best and shouldn't be tampered with too much, are legit. It does seem the cpu has more freedom than the user as far as signing guys for worse deals. I think a system similar to Madden could maybe be developed, where they're interest is sparked based in a situation, and a player has certain 'attributes' that they're looking for in a team: concerns could be money, whether or not the team is a contender, how big the market is, etc.

-For scheduling team practices, I've always just hit 'no through simulation' as otherwise I think it's a waste to consume time. But having practices could be made interesting, if the player could actually play them, similar to the coaching development drills. Maybe practices could be a scrimmage or drills, and depending on how the user does, the players get more out of it.

-I'd love to see the game run with the whole USA Basketball and FIBA gimmick like Live tried and failed to do. The best way to do this would be to adapt it into the franchise, where players are chose to try out for the team, and if one of your players is selected you put him through the workouts which decides if he's selected. Then in the offseason you play in the tournaments.

-A lot of things people have mentioned about real coaches and a SportsCenter show ala College Hoops are nice ideas too.

-I think if in any way the NBA D-League was adapted into the game, where in your association you could scout players from it or bump your players down there to develop....It would be amazing.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #35
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Tebow, I was agreeing with you up until you said the trading system works well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 12
make the franchise were you can jump into games at any time
Old 06-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 11

association mode could be hugely improved just by making the draft classes and generated rookies better. im okay with the way the actual season plays, and even free agency is done fairly well.

one other thing they need to do is keep the players attributes available to you permanently once youve used a scouting report on them. but make it so that the attributes are not updated, so if it has been 3 seasons since youve scouted, say, greg oden, and you want to see how his attributes have changed, youd have to scout him again. its annoying that you have to keep scouting players over and over again.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:21 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 15

Dynamic Attendance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »