Home

Black College Football: The Xperience Preview

This is a discussion on Black College Football: The Xperience Preview within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #41
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Black College Football: The Xperience Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee
Seriously, this isn't a real game with drum minigames right? This has to be fake
Is rock band fake, Is guitar hero fake???? The stupidity is this thread is epic....This thread needs to be closed before it gets way out of hand.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER

Last edited by rockchisler; 06-05-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 32

I am going to at least rent the game from Gamefly. I am a Morehouse grad class of 95. BET use to have HBCU games on and NBC carries Southern and Grambling games around Thanksgiving.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I am going to at least rent the game from Gamefly. I am a Morehouse grad class of 95. BET use to have HBCU games on and NBC carries Southern and Grambling games around Thanksgiving.

Thats funny. I'm a Clark grad from 98. I look forward to crushing Morehouse in this game.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #44
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

There have always been some great talent and people to come out of HBCU's. I have to honest, to create Walter and have him run at Jackson St. would be pretty badass. If you're not educated on what this game is about and what it represents, thats fine.....but no need for all the ignorance.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 06-05-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats funny. I'm a Clark grad from 98. I look forward to crushing Morehouse in this game.
LOL, sad but true but we had a pretty good band when I was there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 16
It kills me when people log on and call this game racist. In addition to the long history of HBCUs and their football programs and bands, there is another simple fact that makes "this is racist" a pointless/short-sighted remark - none of these teams or their conference for that matter are included in EA's NCAA game.

So - why object if someone makes a football game that recreates these schools/leagues that aren't in EA's game.

And don't even get me started on "There would be a huge uproar if they made a separate white college football game..." Um - read the history of college football, say from its beginnings in the 1890s through the late 1960s/early 1970s and see if you still agree with that statement.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2
Great Business Move!!! EA sports made a conscience discussion to remove all the Colleges from the MEAC and SWAC so there fore The folks who created this game realized that there was a demographic that was under represented so they created this game to address that.

EA sports has taken out all the competition by purchasing the rights and licensing agreements and we the fans have suffered. Madden is good but think how about how much NBA 2k has out shined NBA Live.

Well if 2k had a chance to make an NFL football game im sure it would give madden a run for its money besides, go back and look play madden 2005 then compare it to NFL 2k5

Ea sports has no competition so they crank out these games every year and the public flocks to them because they have no alternative

There have been great players drafted out of the SWAC and MEAC and CIAA

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.- Tennesse State University

Aeneas Williams- Southern U

Shannon Sharp- Savannah State

Steve Mcnair- Alcorn State

Antoine Bethea- Howard

Tavaris Jackson- alabama state

Michael Strahan- Texas Southern

Jerry Rice - Mississippi Valley State

Walter PAyton- Jackson State
Old 06-05-2009, 04:49 PM   #48
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
People also fail to realize that the majority of these HBCUs are represented in "mainstream" collegiate sports games such as College Hoops 2K8. That is because the NCAA doesn't break the Division I teams in separate divisions in basketball like they do in football. So in a NCAA Basketball game, you're getting all of the DI schools - DI HBCUs included.

In football it's a different story. I don't know if it's a licensing issue or if EA just consciously chose not to focus on the other D-I schools. If they did, the D-I HBCUs would be included in NCAA Football series, and this game probably wouldn't exist.

Personally, I think the game has some really good features that EA should consider into next year's game, mainly the Rock Band drum set integration. I mean, pretty much every college has a drumline of some sort, not just HBCUs, so that would be a nice little mini game to add in my opinion.

And also, any student can apply to an HBCU. I know white people who've attended and graduated from HBCUs. HBCUs aren't around to have all black colleges. They were created because historically, blacks weren't allowed to attend the "mainstream" colleges, so educators (both white and black) decided to create colleges so that blacks could have an opportunity for higher education too.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »