Home

Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA Live 09

This is a discussion on Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA Live 09 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-25-2009, 10:31 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA Live 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
The only reason I have never bought a next-gen NBA Live game is because of the animations, ball-physics and net-physics. Quite frankly, this is what makes basketball look like basketball...EA has a lot of work to do.
I hear you. I really tried to enjoy Live this year, but DAMN the animations are horrendous. Everything is so robotic and twitchy. Needs a serious overhaul to get it to the smooth gameplay it needs to be. Plus the inaccurate passing, and horrible rebounding made me give up after a month. I do look forward to 2010 though. If this team puts half the effort forward that the Madden team has, then the game can be pretty solid.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:44 PM   #18
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
I hear you. I really tried to enjoy Live this year, but DAMN the animations are horrendous. Everything is so robotic and twitchy. Needs a serious overhaul to get it to the smooth gameplay it needs to be. Plus the inaccurate passing, and horrible rebounding made me give up after a month. I do look forward to 2010 though. If this team puts half the effort forward that the Madden team has, then the game can be pretty solid.
Live 09 isn't that bad animations or not. It's the most playable in the series til date and it's more playable than 2k9 and more sim than 2k9. Controls take a few seconds to get use to and once you adjust to the pace of the engine the game is fine. Yes it needs more animations for certain things, but it only looks funky because it doesn't play bad at all.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:48 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Live 09 isn't that bad animations or not. It's the most playable in the series til date and it's more playable than 2k9 and more sim than 2k9. Controls take a few seconds to get use to and once you adjust to the pace of the engine the game is fine. Yes it needs more animations for certain things, but it only looks funky because it doesn't play bad at all.
Differing opinions. I think many core fundamentals of this game are badly broken.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:36 AM   #20
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

Quote:
Differing opinions. I think many core fundamentals of this game are badly broken.
Name something other than offensive rebounding and animations that's wrong with this game. That makes it so unplayable.

I have yet to see anything that makes this game so bad, especially considering just how solid and more sim the gameplay is.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:11 AM   #21
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I haven't played NBA Live at all in the last 4 years or so, but I have really, really enjoyed NBA Live 09, and think they are on the verge of making a truly outstanding game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 02:33 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 17
How can someone be worried about pivot feet and traveling calls? All these complaints are pretty nitpicky
Old 03-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Name something other than offensive rebounding and animations that's wrong with this game. That makes it so unplayable.

I have yet to see anything that makes this game so bad, especially considering just how solid and more sim the gameplay is.
Well being a basketball game, having broken rebounding and bad animations is what makes the gameplay bad to me. I'm not trying to hate on the game, there really is a solid core to work with. I just couldn't put up with those two major issues anymore. Plus the analog passing is still inaccurate. So yea, thats all I'm saying. The rebounding and animations keep me from enjoying the game, because to me they are broken.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:32 AM   #24
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

Quote:
Well being a basketball game, having broken rebounding and bad animations is what makes the gameplay bad to me. I'm not trying to hate on the game, there really is a solid core to work with. I just couldn't put up with those two major issues anymore. Plus the analog passing is still inaccurate. So yea, thats all I'm saying. The rebounding and animations keep me from enjoying the game, because to me they are broken.
I have tons of offensive rebounding, just not an many as I should so I don't really see that as an issue. Secondly the so called analog passing. I wouldn't know I use icon passing all the time. I never use analog passing that feature has been broken in Live and 2k's games for years. Especially on a fastbreak when some how they just make sure you pass it to the wrong person to prevent the score.

Either way nothing is so broke in this game that makes it unplayable. And the offensive rebounding isn't broken, people just feel like they aren't getting enough of them compared to the cpu which in honesty they aren't getting many either. And the animations in this game don't make it unplayable, the animations that are there are fine and the game plays good. Maybe it doesn't run as smooth as super fast skating across the court 2k but what is here is very solid and well pace basketball.

Last edited by Behindshadows; 03-26-2009 at 11:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »