Home

Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

This is a discussion on Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #73
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA 2K9

You do have a point. Year in and year out defense gets disrespected. I agree. One of these years I hope they get it right. But again, my gut is telling me it is done on purpose
Old 03-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #74
Rookie

orrkl2002's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
lmao the check is apparently in the mail. We've covered this already too.

Don't be upset because the point is valid.
I've been offline for a while so im gettin up to date with good ol OS and all the major players lol.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.M.L.
u guys seem to fail to get the point year in and year out

and live 2k10, with the way madden is going, i am sure u r going to see a awesome game

i want to be wary of tim duncan in the whole or garnett, if im kobe i want to know im playin a scrub or ron artest, i dont want to take mid range shots because im trying to play sim, i want to take them because this is a sim game.......

Good point about taking midrange shots because the game is SIM. I really hope 2K10 is like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.M.L.
u guys seem to fail to get the point year in and year out

when was the last time u can look back at this series and see when the put a focus on defense

2k3???

2k4-no post game no defense

2k5-dunkin in traffic was redicoulos, it ruined the game

2k6-dunkin in traffic was bad, a contested shot and a open shot were the same result which meant it was probably going in

2k7- great at first, but as u played it u seen the terrible defense, and spacing issues

2k8-tried with the lock on system, but going in the post was a automatic dunk, and a few wiggles of iso motion and u were to the line in no time

2k9-well see thread starters post

so six years of complaing and basically defense has not been adressed

this is why i can appreciate the nba live series, they work on issues,

live 2003- too arcadey

live 2004- suffocating defense

live 2005-perfect

then 2k6-2k7 was awful but 08 seen a comeback, 09 seen a desecent playale and enoyable game

and live 2k10, with the way madden is going, i am sure u r going to see a awesome game

i want to be wary of tim duncan in the whole or garnett, if im kobe i want to know im playin a scrub or ron artest, i dont want to take mid range shots because im trying to play sim, i want to take them because this is a sim game.......
Good point about taking midrange because of the game being SIM, I hope 2K10 is like this. Then you would really get some good online and offline games.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:20 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 28

This is the future I saw in this series back since 2K7. Slowly but surely this game was decaying right before our eyes. Things aren't right at all in this game. I was berated and called all out my name now people are seeing the light. First off the ratings are ridiculous. NFL 2K5 suffered the same problem but Performance EQ took care of that. Clutch completely skews the already ridiculous ratings and add to that the hidden "Team Clutch" (and there's no way on earth they can tell me that there isn't a clutch for each team) then absolutely destroys any chance of realism in this game. Before they address anything else those things definitely need to be addressed.

This game is nothing but a hyped stat engine and what you do doesn't really amount to a hill of beans. It's whatever the stats are and the CPU will FORCE that to be the outcome. 2K lost me it seems. They already lost me for baseball and now it seems they may lose me for basketball. It was a great run 2K but you killed it.

Neon's rosters is a good start, a very good start to put this game in the right direction. Tighten up the ridiculous defense , if you want to call it that. Stop making.... you know what, I'm not even going to write the laundry list of problems in this game. We all know them by now.

I've told people this before but nobody listens, if you want to TRULY judge a game and how good it is play with the worse and best teams in the game and then if you can see where the gameplay holds up then you have a good game. But if you see garbage then you have garbage.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:40 AM   #78
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

That 2nd video is just ugly. Everything from seeing Shaq's moves to his double dribble, travel, and lack of pick & roll defense makes it just look horrible.

I agree with everyone's points about defense. I found that the only way I would get stops would be on blocks or steals.

Offensively the play calling system is outdated, sluggish, and just turrrrible. I cant understand why you need to be in a certain position to run a play and why in this day & age of point-forwards and more you need to initiate everything with the PG.

What I look for in all sports games are plays or series of events where I think to myself, "that could really happen". There were too many inconsistencies in this game for me to take the effort to really get back into it.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #79
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
yeah like NBA LIVE 09 is any better. I play in leagues so we have rules and the game is awesome to me. jmo
Old 03-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
I want to know if these PC dudes are telling the truth when they say the game doesn't have the same issues. I don't see why it wouldn't to be honest.

Yea you can have modifications but I can't believe the PC version is that different
You would have to play it on PC with good specs to understand. I am playing on the same monitor I used to play the 360 version on and it is just different. Better different.

As far as the gameplay itself whether that is different. Well with Finn's editor and tweaks the game plays different and tweaking it is far more efficient.

It is still the same game but I would advise everyone on this board that spends an ungodly amount of time talking about this game that the best thing you can do is get the PC version and join in with the modding and tweaking. The cost of entry is steep ($800 for a PC to run the game) but you have so much more control.

Last edited by J.R. Locke; 03-27-2009 at 10:00 AM. Reason: clarity

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »