Home

Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA Live 09

This is a discussion on Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA Live 09 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
I enjoy NBA Live a lot. I love the low end court camera view. It really draws you into the game. The pick and roll play is great and hitting one button to call a quick double team on defense is great too.

I bought the game at Xmas and it seems the ball rim physics have improved since then. Anyone else noticed this?

2k9 probably plays a better sim game, but the gameplay and look of Live is more fun for me.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Why I'm Done With NBA Basketball This Year: NBA Live 09

the thing i hate the most about this game is the rebounding
Old 03-24-2009, 06:48 PM   #11
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Solid read.

By the way, Camry is Toyota, not Nissan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #12
Rookie

brs2305's Arena

OVR: 7
It's funny, that this blog came out just today, because I am officially done with 2k's Basketball, too. We are tweaking on sliders for 90% of the time, changing here and there, but however you turn it and tweak it, something else will be messed up. It is sad, because I really feel every once in a while, that this game really does have a lot of good things to give. Nevertheless it never lasts more than 2 or 3 games and than all the sudden you get like 5 crazy, frustrating, controller throwing situations which actually leaves you there on the couch sadly looking out the window, seeing the snow and thinking: "But I love Basketball and need to play it..."

and now...thank God I just bought a used College Hoops 2k8 to take to Germany to save my life during March Madness.

Let's hope for a better Basketball Year 2010.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:33 PM   #13
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I'd love to see some tips and offensive rebounds in Live. I think you made some excellent points in your blog. Hopefully the devs are reading it too.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:54 PM   #14
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm betting on Live 2010 being great. If the dev team just fixes the obvious glitches in this years game (NBA Live 2009 Beta)we should have a great game.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1
I picked up Live this year, after playing both demos furiously for a few weeks. While 2K definatlely has "the flash" with smoother animations and better graphics, I found I enjoyed playing Live a little more, aat least on the general basics of the game. They both have their drawbacks as far as fundamentals go, but I kinda dug the "live DNA" thing and I simply CANT STAND "the shot stick" in 2K..... I agree with the above, that EA is close to something really good - as long as they move forward from here, and not backward.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 41
Live has more than a couple of issues. Rebounding and general lack of player control are the biggest ones. Also, what happened to the hop step? It also doesn't look right, meaning the players have awkward proportions and, as mentioned, the physics (and really all animations) are behind where they should be.

That said, the article touches on some of those points, but there is a lot more that keeps Live practically unplayable to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »