Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Hands-On Preview within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
More in-depth thoughts on my end...

The lack of consistency is a good thing. There are times the game runs smoothly, and the code likely just needs optimization.

This is my biggest concern, and many people here. This could actually be a "deal breaker" for me.

Wonderful news, though it leads to more questions... why would the developers create a sim experience on the hitting end, but not the pitching. The CPU swinging at everything must be early code. I hope.

More great news.

Having the commentary this finely tuned more than a month before release is another great sign.

Awesome.

More awesome.

I'm tired of saying awesome, but that's awesome.

Fingers crossed!
"I have seen slowdown and loss of frames during certain cut scenes and foul ball situations. Obviously, these instances will not affect the gameplay at all, but there are some that do."

I would have expected those things to be fixed 4 months into NBA2k9 but they haven't. If you are experiencing slowdown now offline I can only imagine how it will be online. I'm willing to bet there will be more of a slowdown online. They have yet to resolve the problem with NBA2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2009, 09:28 PM   #82
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Hands-On Preview

I am so happy that VC is developing MLB 2K ... The game already sounds leaps better than it was last year... I bet 2K10 will be ridiculous.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I wonder if installing the game to the hard drive will eliminate what few framerate issues there appear to be.
Wonderful suggestion. This could really help it out.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:09 AM   #84
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
"I have seen slowdown and loss of frames during certain cut scenes and foul ball situations. Obviously, these instances will not affect the gameplay at all, but there are some that do."

I would have expected those things to be fixed 4 months into NBA2k9 but they haven't. If you are experiencing slowdown now offline I can only imagine how it will be online. I'm willing to bet there will be more of a slowdown online. They have yet to resolve the problem with NBA2k.
So has 2k released any updates/patches for NBA2K9? My major concern is 2K no longer cares about quality - just the cheapest way to the biggest bottom line. 2K went from a company that used to tweak and patch gameplay to near perfection (or at least as close as they could get with that years code), to a company that never patches games and when they do it is long in coming and only to address game breaking technical issues - not to improve gameplay.

Last edited by lnin0; 02-17-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:15 AM   #85
MVP

OVR: 11

Steve, if you could answer this question it would be great. If not, no hard feelings . I was wondering if you knew anything about the Living Rosters feature and if it would be exactly like the NBA 2K9 version? That goes for not only the ratings, but also the possibility to implement/fix new animations via download? I was also wondering if the 2K Insider would be utilized in this game as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 04:16 AM   #86
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

Looks like VC did a great job of "ironing" out the wrinkles from last years version
Old 02-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #87
All Star

OVR: 35

Thanks for the impressions Steve. Unless there is some game-killing bug that is revealed in OS impressions after release, I'm probably going to pick this game up. I would like to play a demo first.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #88
Pro

OVR: 13

Anyone know if there'll be a way to turn off the exploding starburst when the ball hits the catcher's mitt while you are in pitching mode? It's pretty distracting, imho.

BigBlue

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »