Home

NBA Live 365 and Dynamic DNA: Four Months Later

This is a discussion on NBA Live 365 and Dynamic DNA: Four Months Later within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
I think you'll enjoy what we're doing in 10.
What a tease! Sounds good.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #10
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Great read.

I agree totally. I honestly can't see myself going back to normal rosters / user rosters. 2K is the more complete game now, but I find myself only playing LIVE due to the DNA...

And it's only in it's infancy.

This is the future. Right here. No going back IMO.

I was very sceptical at first...but it's a HUGE leap forward.

I don't care which company releases great features. I love NBA games and I'll applaud innovation wherever I see it.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #11
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
The feature is great as the article stated. Guys on here being downers are killing me.

First of all we didnt even know if the feature would work and had staunch reservations against it because it is EA afterall right? I know I did

The first year of a feature like this and you want the entire system to be fully integrated... while I understand, it is also completely unrealistic.

I have to agree with CV here, I dont care what company it is... if you're a sports gamer first instead of a company loyalist, there is no way you lose out on something like this. It truly is the future, and can be a measuring stick standard for what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #12
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

Re: NBA Live 365 and Dynamic DNA: Four Months Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

I have to agree with CV here, I dont care what company it is... if you're a sports gamer first instead of a company loyalist, there is no way you lose out on something like this. It truly is the future, and can be a measuring stick standard for what it is.
That's the thing Dre, a lot of people here have company based loyalties. I can understand it. EA has a bad history / some people will never get over Madden and NFL 2K. Completely understandable.

But ultimately we are sportsgamers and it's nice to see genuine innovation and see things evolving. I didn't pay hundreds of $ for my TV / PS3 / Hi speed internet etc etc so that I could annually sit down and play the same basketball game over and over. I want to see new technology that takes advantages of what these higher end systems can do / new ideas / new features.

And DNA is a hell of a good step forward.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:31 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19
I like the idea of dynamic DNA, but the way the author in this article describes the feature kind of makes the game feel scripted.
what good is it if you know Lebron will drop 50 on you at MSG.

I agree with the author about the ability to carry this feature into a Dynasty mode,even during a fantasy drafted association. I think this would make the feature more tactical.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:22 AM   #14
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

Re: NBA Live 365 and Dynamic DNA: Four Months Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
I like the idea of dynamic DNA, but the way the author in this article describes the feature kind of makes the game feel scripted.
what good is it if you know Lebron will drop 50 on you at MSG.
It's not scripted at all...

You just know that a player will attack that game...

If you defend / bring doubles...he'll pass or miss. It's up to you to try and stop what happened in the real NBA / you try and stop him getting 50.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The feature is great as the article stated. Guys on here being downers are killing me.

First of all we didnt even know if the feature would work and had staunch reservations against it because it is EA afterall right? I know I did

The first year of a feature like this and you want the entire system to be fully integrated... while I understand, it is also completely unrealistic.

The feature is really neat but I simply pointed out that it's under utilized when you can't merge them in with franchise data. No sports game has allowed this to date so its the logical next step and would make this feature SO much better.

I don't see how my comment was "killing you". It's simply my honest opinion and I spoke my mind on a message board. Shocking that comments and message boards are used for such things. I guess honesty is being a downer and frowned upon just because you disagree?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5
can somebady explain the difference btwn the 365 updates and the 2k updates. is it just daily vs. weekly?

im prety happy about how 2k sets up their although it could be a lil quicker ...but im not complaining at all!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »