Home

MLB 09 The Show Preview

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show Preview within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-22-2009, 02:15 PM   #81
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 09 The Show Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbbsinthe
Im a bit worried about some of these early previews?! Doesnt seem like there is any WOW factor about this years version?! I was hoping everyone would come back and be like;"Holy Sh-t this game is the end all be all!" Anyways its still early and Im a lil anxious thats all! Cant wait to start doing rosters! Hey Knight if you need any help this year let me know ok! The more that help the quicker we can all get the rosters up right! Wish I had a time machine to get to March 3rd! Got both MLB 09 and the release of the new U2 album! Took 3 days off lol!
For what it's worth: I'm a "baseball" fan and I've seen PLENTY to make me go WOW. From the franchise stuff to the fielding.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #82
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Chase, thanks for that preview, it all sounds great!

Only question... aside from a new pitching camera (which I'm only assuming), have you noticed a new batting or fielding camera? For instance, in the trailers there were some home run cuts that looked like they came from a true-to-life broadcast camera. Was that a real gameplay option, was that just a cut scene, or was that an overall tease that's not even in the game?

Thanks.
Great Question Blaaaz...Chase, could ya elaborate on this? thanks again
Old 01-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #83
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

.....and just add the fact that Russ has stated in the Legends Mode thread that the sliders have been significantly worked on this year!
Those crazy a$$ games where the devs couldn't beat Legend mode......all on default!

I'm getting a little antsy...

How are the jails in S.D.?
I'm stealing a copy next week and I just want to know if they have PS3's in the rec room?

M.K.
Knight165

Last edited by Knight165; 01-22-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #84
Brazilian A's Fan

brunnoce's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
For what it's worth: I'm a "baseball" fan and I've seen PLENTY to make me go WOW. From the franchise stuff to the fielding.
sign me in that list too m8
im definatly WOWed by this game
Old 01-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #85
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoSpumoni
Biased... Nuff Said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 02:24 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
.....and just add the fact that Russ has stated in the Legends Mode thread that the sliders have been significantly worked on this year!
Those crazy a$$ games where the devs couldn't beat Legend mode......all on default!

I'm getting a little antsy...

How are the jails in S.D.?
I'm stealing a copy next week and I just want to know if they have PS3's in the rec room?

M.K.
Knight165
are you guys going to get free copies of the show this year? I'm thinkin you should at the very least...
Old 01-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #87
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Haha!
Ridiculous...right!?
Why do guys even bother?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike75
This worries me a tad.

"there was an instance where a ball bounced hard off the wall and my outfielder gingerly ran up to the ball to pick it up. It was a moment where I felt the game should not have taken control out of my hands because I did not tell the fielder to slow up; he did it automatically. There is certainly a time when you want an action to be completed automatically, but I did not like that control was taken from me at that exact moment."
I see what you are saying..but i actually think this adds more realism. In the same way player momentum adds realism in games. They represent humans and humans need to slow down to pick up most balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I actually like the fact that the Show slowed down his outfielder as he went to the wall. I have no problem giving up control for realistic animations in certain situations and that scenario was fine for me. I wish there was true collision detection, including breaking up double plays, but I can live without it. Can't wait!
Agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbbsinthe
Im a bit worried about some of these early previews?! Doesnt seem like there is any WOW factor about this years version?! I was hoping everyone would come back and be like;"Holy Sh-t this game is the end all be all!" Anyways its still early and Im a lil anxious thats all! Cant wait to start doing rosters! Hey Knight if you need any help this year let me know ok! The more that help the quicker we can all get the rosters up right! Wish I had a time machine to get to March 3rd! Got both MLB 09 and the release of the new U2 album! Took 3 days off lol!
Well, imagine if 2K9 played like MLB 08...or hell even MLB 07. Any person would be like WOW...this game is great. Its like Obama following up bush. No matter what it will be awsome. Well, This game is the follow up the best game EVER. So there isnt as much room for improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
Bring it On!!!. Im really looking forward to this release. I was a ****** baseball gamer and fan til I played THE SHOW.
The catcher giving signals, WOW thast a nice little add on, but oh so obvious, a "why didnt I think of that" moment .
The signals are real cool. I love the gameplay of this game. But it is the small little things that truly make this game great. Its really a case of the total being greater than the sum of its parts

Bottom line is that this game at worst is a roster update of the greatest baseball game ever...with the most in depth franchise ever tacked on.

Clearly, if you liked the SHow...this is a must have. If you thought you should have crossed over last year, it gives you bit more reason to crossover. those who will never cross over will never cross over

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »