Home

MLB 09 The Show Preview

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show Preview within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #73
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 09 The Show Preview

Wow, this game is an easy buy for me once again. However, like most of us, I am eagerly awaiting any additions to franchise mode. I truly hope they added Single A clubs and/or rookie ball teams to go along with the draft and its supplemental picks. I would be disappointed if players started off in double A again. But other than that, game looks top notch and am looking foward to it.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 7

sounds good...

I was surprised how disappointed I was upon hearing that the throwing mechanic is the same. Not sure what peoples feelings are on that one, but it just seems to have no control/feel to it, pressing a button and maybe its an error and maybe its not.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunnoce
and thats something u surelly will be checking deeply next week isnt it sr.?
You think Nemesis/Pared are going to let this slide, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 01:29 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbbsinthe
Im a bit worried about some of these early previews?! Doesnt seem like there is any WOW factor about this years version?! I was hoping everyone would come back and be like;"Holy Sh-t this game is the end all be all!" Anyways its still early and Im a lil anxious thats all! Cant wait to start doing rosters! Hey Knight if you need any help this year let me know ok! The more that help the quicker we can all get the rosters up right! Wish I had a time machine to get to March 3rd! Got both MLB 09 and the release of the new U2 album! Took 3 days off lol!
I felt like that early on, but after seeing the latest video blog I am thoroughly impressed...I just think that we have gotten so spoiled by the excellent work that SCEA does with the show that sometimes we fail to appreciate the small details that are added that make this game amazing; dynamic lighting, new presentation, better outfield play, franchise options, etc....

We are at the point now that nothing that SCEA does surprises us anymore because we have come to expect so much from them year in and year out, and they continue to deliver....
Old 01-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #77
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
I was surprised how disappointed I was upon hearing that the throwing mechanic is the same. Not sure what peoples feelings are on that one, but it just seems to have no control/feel to it, pressing a button and maybe its an error and maybe its not.
It's not analog throwing like MVP but it still had a feel to it. The longer you held it down, the harder the throw and greater chance of error. I don't mind the randomness of it as long as the player attributes are used more so we really see who is good defensively and who is bad.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #78
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
It's not analog throwing like MVP but it still had a feel to it. The longer you held it down, the harder the throw and greater chance of error. I don't mind the randomness of it as long as the player attributes are used more so we really see who is good defensively and who is bad.
To me it felt like the throwing system was more animation driven in determining throw velocities as opposed to it being driven by the sensitivity of the button press.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 17
PItching from the behind the pitcher view is terrible though unless it's actually lined up and not the TV style 3/4 angle. You can't get a feel for the strike zone and a pitch that you think is on the corner could be down the middle or a foot outside.

They need to set the pitching cam directly behind the batter a la Fenway Park or Camden. I anticipate all tv broadcasts to do this in the near future eliminating that weird 3/4 angle we've grown up

Until then, i'll be gassing fools in batter view, i don't need no stinking signs
Old 01-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #80
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
To me it felt like the throwing system was more animation driven in determining throw velocities as opposed to it being driven by the sensitivity of the button press.
It was definitely hit or miss as to when an animation might take over. But I think a lot of the singles to SS and 3B and easy throws to first were up to the user. It was the quick flips to first and double play balls that seems to be out of our control but it seems like that is being fixed for '09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »