Home

MLB 09 The Show Preview

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show Preview within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 60
Re: MLB 09 The Show Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
exactly, like Chase said inthe preview, the little things add up. Thats one of the things that makes this game special.

Hey Jim when do you guys head out to play the game?
I'm meeting MKnight one day early, Wednesday, then it's game time on Thursday.

This game is chock full of subtle things. I still saw things in 08 that I had never seen in the hundreds of games I had played.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Man, all of this sounds great. SCEA and the development team sound like they "get it".

With that being said, this Show virgin will be buying a PS3 this year for this game specifically. Is there room in the club for one more?
It is worth the PS3 purchase. I bought mine last month mainly for The Show. It is such a great game.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2
Im a bit worried about some of these early previews?! Doesnt seem like there is any WOW factor about this years version?! I was hoping everyone would come back and be like;"Holy Sh-t this game is the end all be all!" Anyways its still early and Im a lil anxious thats all! Cant wait to start doing rosters! Hey Knight if you need any help this year let me know ok! The more that help the quicker we can all get the rosters up right! Wish I had a time machine to get to March 3rd! Got both MLB 09 and the release of the new U2 album! Took 3 days off lol!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:06 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbbsinthe
Im a bit worried about some of these early previews?! Doesnt seem like there is any WOW factor about this years version?! I was hoping everyone would come back and be like;"Holy Sh-t this game is the end all be all!" Anyways its still early and Im a lil anxious thats all! Cant wait to start doing rosters! Hey Knight if you need any help this year let me know ok! The more that help the quicker we can all get the rosters up right! Wish I had a time machine to get to March 3rd! Got both MLB 09 and the release of the new U2 album! Took 3 days off lol!
I think 90% of us were wowed as soon as they said "40-man rosters"
Old 01-22-2009, 12:11 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 14

Chase, i'm wondering about the hitting, did you use the L stick or just swing w/o using it, i'm wondering if true zone hitting is in this yr. or not, thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #62
Rookie

giants79's Arena

OVR: 6
Any chance that there is co-op in the game like the way All-Star Baseball had it?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #63
Brazilian A's Fan

brunnoce's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
I loved how he talked about subtleties with the pitching and hitting. I just have this hunch the sliders are going to make these subtleties stick out even more for the individual gamer.

And I love how the "feel" and flow of the game gets so much attention with stuff that is mentioned above.
and thats something u surelly will be checking deeply next week isnt it sr.?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 17
In and Out Burger please

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »