Home

MLB Power Pros 2008 Review

This is a discussion on MLB Power Pros 2008 Review within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #33
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: MLB Power Pros 2008 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic08
lets hope it sells well enough that they decide to make it for xbox
Well, my only fear is that if EA buys out take two, which 2k is a part of(or owned by take 2), will EA continue bringing over power pros here in the US? I'd have to think they would because it's really not like they are making the game, they're translating it and putting the commentary in, which probably is harder than it sounds.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:54 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2
I am trying to get the 2 player mode to work, Just got a Wii for christmas and this game. I got to exhibition mode and choose two players and then it tells me to push the button to get the player 2 controller on, but it wont sync up. Please Help
Old 01-05-2009, 02:12 PM   #35
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Is there away to update rosters on this game???
For the life of me I can not find a roster section, where I can trade, release, or sign players. I am talking about from the first screen where do I go to edit rosters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #36
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Yes you can, but it is very terdious. To trade people around you have to use arrange mode, and you have to create one of each team in there. Then from there you can replace players on one roster with a player from another roster. BUT, there isn't any trading type thing so you have to do the same move to each team if there's a trade. An example would probably help better.

Say, you want to do the Griffey to Sox trade. You have to go into Cincinnati's arrange roster remove Griffey then scroll over to White Sox roster and add Danny Richar and Nick Masset. Then you have to go to the white sox arrange roster and remove Richar and Masset, then scroll over to the reds roster and add Griffey.

Hope you understand what I'm saying, it's a little confusing at first but you'll catch on.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #37
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13

I love the Power Pros game, but if they don't make it easier to update the rosters and create players I think it is going to really hurt the popularity of the game in the long run.
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:15 PM   #38
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Well... it might make us cringe around here but I don't think the majority of gamers are like us roster accuracy nuts. They were nice enough to not make us earn 100k credits to unlock arrange mode via the shop this year. Just something you've got to live with.

So far as the 2009 edition goes - I'm pretty much just expecting a new roster update, the new stadiums, and the bullpen warmups making their way to Season Mode. It seems that these games make baby steps from one year to the next.

Good news on the sales front, according to vgchartz this game has sold about twice as many copies this year than for the first release:

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg...me3=&weeks=100
Old 01-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 9

Can you draw walks in this years version? that was my ONLY gripe about last years release, the cpu would not walk you....
Old 01-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 9

I still have not been able to draw walks in the 2008 (PS2) edition. That is the one area that kills me too. There is just no drama to the at bats when I know I'll be able to draw a walk.

As for updating rosters, I keep toying with the idea of just editing all the players into classic teams like the '82 Brewers. That way I don't have to worry about constantly keeping the rosters up to date. The charactures of the players make this a lot fun, but the special abilities makes editing every player a lot of work as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »