Home

What Lessons to Take from FIFA 09

This is a discussion on What Lessons to Take from FIFA 09 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
What Lessons to Take from FIFA 09

Simulation sports games make up an interesting genre. They are not typically the type of games that can reel people in who are not actually fans of the sport -- hence the reason there are also arcade sports titles. However, every once in a while a title comes along that is so good that it makes non-fans want to go and watch a real-life match. MVP 2005 was one of those rare games that crossed borders, and in my book, so is FIFA 09.

Many games could learn from the latest FIFA because it does so much right. One of the things it does amazingly well is the gameplay. The highest compliment you can pay to a game is when you believe something new can happen every time you play it. Many developers are so concerned with adding new features that they forget to create the appropriate foundation for a solid simulation that is fun to play. FIFA however, has done a good job of imitating the sport with its ball physics, animations and atmosphere all in one.

Read More - What Lessons to Take from FIFA 09
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP / NDS / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Agreed. I haven't played a soccer game since like '94 or so, but I was looking for a new game and I heard FIFA09 was good so I picked it up. I can NOT stop playing the BAP online. When you get a game with 10v10, it can get pretty exciting especially with the crowd and announcers sounded as good as they do.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10
this is why i am voting fifa 09 the game of the year! i love this game i can play three different modes that are well done everytime i turn on the game. somedays i feel like playing be a pro other days i may wanna play manager mode. On sundays i usually play with my club games. just an awesome experience.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
Rookie

royals_fan_16's Arena

OVR: 3
Fifa 09 is an amazing game. I really hope they put some kind of online manager mode next year similar to NCAA Football.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10
i was hoping madden would take the 10 v 10 model and do like 5 v 5.. it would require hardcore gamers but if done right it would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
Rookie

buzzguy's Arena

OVR: 12
FIFA 09 is truly awesome! My fav version is on the PSP, despite the fact that I owned the 360 version. Loved the portable rendition so much that I traded my 360 copy on Goozex!

Actually, now I kind of want it back...
Old 12-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #7
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: What Lessons to Take from FIFA 09

the 10 v 10 is insane on this game, and works really well. So far I have had no lag issues at all, which is rather amazing.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #8
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
the 10 v 10 is insane on this game, and works really well. So far I have had no lag issues at all, which is rather amazing.
NCAA Football needs to take a page out of Fifa's book. The online is flawless and it would be nice if they could start to set up a 7v7 for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »