Home

NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #113
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 09 Patch Released, Impressions Here

(Chairman steps in) Relax folks, I can translate this. This is what he meant:

Well, i still haven't figured it out.

I like 2k9, but some things still concern me. For instance, I can't seem to hit a jump shot, or have any success with the post game, no matter what I do.

I used to play NBA 2K games on the Dreamcast, but I didn't like the gameplay on 2k6 and 2k7, so I traded them.

I went with live during those years, and I had tons of fun with it. I got 2k9, and i like it - it seems like a fun game.

However, it's been 2 weeks and i still can't beat the cpu on Pro Difficulty Level, whether on default or through adjusting sliders.

I'm not a basketball guru, and I hardly watch it anymore. My question is, "Should I trade in 2k9 and get live, especially now that the price has dropped?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammogard
well i still haven't figured it out i like 2k9 but some things gripe me i can't seem to hit a jump shot or have any post game no matter wha ti do i used to play dream cast nba 2k games but 2k6 and 2k7 got traded in cuz i didn't like the gameplay so i went with live those years and i had tons of fun with it i got 2k9 and i like it seems like a fun game but its been 2 weeks and i still can't beat the cpu on pro with default or sliders im not a basketball guru i hardly watch it anymore so should i trade in 2k9 and get live now that the price has droped?
Old 12-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 5

lol thanks for re doing my post chairman i post from my cell phone so its hard to tell if its going to make any sense
Old 12-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #115
MVP

A cellphone?? Well that explains it! LOL!!
(Don't mind me, just the resident smart a$$ trying to get a laugh!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #116
MVP

OVR: 14

Just got the game today(wife bought it early for xmas).I'm a big bulls fan and i can play just like the bulls on Live. More so then i can on 2k9. You know how the bulls Drive and kick with Rose to have open 3s from BG/NOC/Larry? Well i can do it in this game were in 2k9 i really could not play like i wanna to. I got 2 good basketball games to play this year.Maybe 3 if Ncaa 09 is good(got that today to). I just don't know how to use the rewind. Reading some threads looks like it is some problems with it sometimes?

PSN Brandon26ms
Old 12-10-2008, 08:40 AM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 4

Can anyone tell me how to turn on fastbreaks for this game -just bought it -downloaded the patch (1.02) and cpu vs. cpu a few games on all-star but there are virtually no -none -fastbreaks - is there a slider fix? - am I missing something?
Old 12-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #118
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmassie
Can anyone tell me how to turn on fastbreaks for this game -just bought it -downloaded the patch (1.02) and cpu vs. cpu a few games on all-star but there are virtually no -none -fastbreaks - is there a slider fix? - am I missing something?
(chuckle... chuckle...) Let's let StephensonMC or Beluba answer this one.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:08 PM   #119
Banned

OVR: 24

I know the game is weak where cpu fastbreaks are concerned, but I gotta say - my last few games have been downright friggin' amazing.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:45 AM   #120
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

the patch for online play is awful. The dunk to layup ratio has gone down so much, alleys result in a layup instead of A dunk. Just very poor, and the easy missed layup are killing it! What pro NBA player (besides Jordan Farmar, LOL) will miss 5-7 layup a game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »