Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #513
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Yeah, I have no idea what those people are thinking or seeing. The variety in the games I've played is pretty amazing.
Ditto!!!!

I just started my UK Dynasty yesterday and beat VMI 78-62. I loved how VMI kept trying to push the ball up court and get us into a running game with them but I refused to fall into the trap. I slowed the game down forced some turnovers and got the ball into Patterson's hands and they had no answer for him. He ended up with 21 pts and 12 rebs, Meeks added 16 as well.

Next up UNC, I am already having nightmare's about it!!!!
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Old 12-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #514
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Yeah, I have no idea what those people are thinking or seeing. The variety in the games I've played is pretty amazing.
Same here.

I've had games where I've manhandled the opponent from the get go, games where I flexed my muscles in the second half to dominate, and games where its too close for comfort.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #515
Rookie

ColProd's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Same here.

I've had games where I've manhandled the opponent from the get go, games where I flexed my muscles in the second half to dominate, and games where its too close for comfort.
I'm getting a good range of games myself. I've had a few blow-out victory's and a few close ones. I actually had one game that came down to a drive to the hoop to drawl the foul for a 1 point victory with .5 seconds left. That was fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2008, 09:52 PM   #516
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

my goodness I hate Wink Adams of UNLV. He dropped 25 on me and just had some highlight moments against us. He dunked on E5, took Jerry Smith to school I don't know how many times, and was just a beast to contain. Thankfully, UNLV is out West and I don't have to deal with him anymore unless they reach the NCAA tournament.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-01-2008, 11:06 PM   #517
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Ended up bringing the game back and got CH2K8 again for PS3. Maybe next year EA.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 12-01-2008, 11:36 PM   #518
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
Ended up bringing the game back and got CH2K8 again for PS3. Maybe next year EA.
cool.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #519
Rookie

Jason2112's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
Man, I rented NCAA 09, took it back, bought CH2k8, but now I think I like NCAA 09. It's a tough one. I like the player off-the-ball movement in NCAA. In 2k8, your fellow teammates just stand around. Fast breaks in NCAA absolutely own. There are pretty much NO FAST BREAKS in 2k8. My biggest disappointment in NCAA is in the tourney 16 seeds keep beating 1 seeds. If that can be corrected I may just shell out the dough to buy EAs game. Wouldn't that suck to play every game in a dynasty all year and make it to the tourney only to have three sixteen seeds knock off the number 1s???? That's what happened to me. Not an isolated case because the next year two number 1s went down again. AAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #520
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason2112
Man, I rented NCAA 09, took it back, bought CH2k8, but now I think I like NCAA 09. It's a tough one. I like the player off-the-ball movement in NCAA. In 2k8, your fellow teammates just stand around. Fast breaks in NCAA absolutely own. There are pretty much NO FAST BREAKS in 2k8. My biggest disappointment in NCAA is in the tourney 16 seeds keep beating 1 seeds. If that can be corrected I may just shell out the dough to buy EAs game. Wouldn't that suck to play every game in a dynasty all year and make it to the tourney only to have three sixteen seeds knock off the number 1s???? That's what happened to me. Not an isolated case because the next year two number 1s went down again. AAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!
Was this before that patch was released that you played NCAA? I think the patch addressed some of those issues. I will check now

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »